I lost my wood cutting buddy today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
starterlogg

They just don't get it and that is there loss. Sister had siberian huskeys and a lot of hotspots. Rose Kenndy Quote.
It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.
Rose Kennedy

I'm very sorry you lost your buddy - which in reality, is more like a best friend and a son rolled up into one. This thread has pulled me back through the whole range of emotions I went through when I lost my ace, Bailey, last year. I always dreaded the day, and when I carried him through the front door of the vet's office with tears streaming down my face, everyone moved...

Those of us who let dog's into our lives are truly blessed...

But I will say this all my friends and Family say this when it's his time, give a few weeks to grieve, then get another but it would be better to get another before it is his time so he can mold the new hound into his image.

Personally, I think this is completely true. I did this before old B was too old to handle a pup. Now I see mannerisms of old B in his understudy, Gus.

I saw a quote the other day that rang true - and I thought summed up man's best friend better than I've ever seen...

"Only a dog will love you more than himself"

My best to you and your family WVlogger... Honor his memory by telling stories and sharing laughs.

Kevin

I'm very sorry you lost your buddy - which in reality, is more like a best friend and a son rolled up into one. This thread has pulled me back through the whole range of emotions I went through when I lost my ace, Bailey, last year. I always dreaded the day, and when I carried him through the front door of the vet's office with tears streaming down my face, everyone moved...

Those of us who let dog's into our lives are truly blessed...

Personally, I think this is completely true. I did this before old B was too old to handle a pup. Now I see mannerisms of old B in his understudy, Gus.

I saw a quote the other day that rang true - and I thought summed up man's best friend better than I've ever seen...

"Only a dog will love you more than himself"

My best to you and your family WVlogger... Honor his memory by telling stories and sharing laughs.

Kevin

thank you

Latest posts

Back