I need an axe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Fiskars 2400, and a 1400 for the smaller stuff, is what I mostly use - both splitting axes - they work really well, and have done so for close to ten years now.

Discovered Fiskar last fall and will never own another splitting maul. Nothing I can't get through with them. Regular price up here is around 75$ but our local parts store was blowing them out because it wasn't an approved product line from head office so the two mauls (2400's I belive ) and the hatchet was only 90$ but I'm hooked now and will spend the extra if a time comes to replace.

Discovered Fiskar last fall and will never own another splitting maul. Nothing I can't get through with them. Regular price up here is around 75$ but our local parts store was blowing them out because it wasn't an approved product line from head office so the two mauls (2400's I belive ) and the hatchet was only 90$ but I'm hooked now and will spend the extra if a time comes to replace.

Glad to see that you discovered fiskars axe's and liked em, thats what i've been using for years (got some really old fiskars heads still in use)... Never understood those mauls, cant even hit the durn log with em :chainsawguy:

Glad to see that you discovered fiskars axe's and liked em, thats what i've been using for years (got some really old fiskars heads still in use)... Never understood those mauls, cant even hit the durn log with em :chainsawguy:

Mauls are not very good for birch, even when you hit (I do)......:laugh:

The 2400 is not a maul, but a heavy splitting axe.......

Latest posts

Back