I need more power!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd concentrate on keeping the chain sharp. "doing the best you can" may not be enough to let the lowly crapsman realize its full potential. Improper chain care will only manifest itself later no matter what kind of pro saw you end up buying.

Ill do a search here about keeping the chain sharp and the best way to do it. Do you have any suggetions?

Travis

I have a place in Weathersfield not to far your area. Let me know if next week is good I will be bringing a pile of saws up for a few days. PLus the 90 second tickle filing lessons will be given out.

Yeah thats not too far from here. Unfortunatley I have to work all next week. I do howeve have the week between Christmas and new years off. If you are stil around, any day that week will work, if not, thanks for the offer. Maybe we can catch up next time you are in the area.

Travis

I have one of those POS in the garage rafters. Oiler took a crap and it's nearly impossible to remove. I ended up cracking the clutch housing on it.

Jamie

Tmacie,

I have a 42cc Crapsman. Yes it's poulan all the way. A good sharp chain is a MUST have with this saw as it doesn't have a lot of power. Set your jets, and you should be happy. I've cut over 25 cords of hardwood with mine, it just takes a little longer than with a better saw. Mine has started and run dependable from 0 degrees to 95 degrees.. no complants for $150 spare chain and case included. The only problem I had was with the anti-vibe spring that mounts to the cylinder head- I've gone through 3 of them, but sears stocks them for $2 bucks and you can change it in 10 minutes.
If nothing else it gives you peace of mind over better saws... Crap, I forgot to lock the shed :dizzy: ... Oh yeah.. No worrys :) .

For the most part it does.....but when the impatience sets in it doesnt like to cut much faster, and it gets bound pretty easy.

Travis

Around 16" usualy......nothing usually bigger than the bar, but you know occasionally that happens.

Travis

Latest posts

Back