I saw an MS880 for sale today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bottlefed89

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey, I don't know if this is even a good deal, but it seemed like it to me so I thought I'd tell everyone about it. My local vermeer/sherrill has a 880 they are trying to sell, It's new, and they are asking $1400 with bar and chain, though I don't remember how long it was. Must have been at least 42"+, they little sign said they are $1800something new. Nothing I need, but if anyone's looking for one maybe it's a deal...

????, that sounds cheap, like I said, I Don't even know if it's a deal, just thought I'd get the word out. What can you get a 660 for there??

The 880 lists for $1500 here but I have a good relationship with the dealer. I never asked about a 660, it should be $150-200 less than 880.

I could buy them for that price up to about 3 months ago, the last 880 I bought cost $1188 plus 7 % tax and she should me her book and that was her cost plus the 880 has a 12000 rpm limiter in them so you have to buy a coil from the 088 to get rid of that, stihl has been raising there prices around here alot

not here they willnot , I even went to Dave Ellis who is Shihl's top man for Canada on parts and warrantry claims and he said they wouldnot , if the coil has been bolted into the saw it is now a used coil I would of thought the same thing but they proved me wrong on this.

It would make perfect sense that Art can buy a 880 cheaper than I can with the head of Stihl being about 4 hours from me here in Ontario for Canada and this is where his saws would come from to his area. And maybe there dealer cost is different there but I know I bought a bunch of 088's at a grand and was surprized at the price hike on the last one

ED my 088 that you have only cost me $800. Maybe the dealer sold at a loss. He likes to see Stihls win the races down here. He is the only Stihl dealer in town and there are 3 Husky, 2 Jonsered. As long as I run Stihl I get many "extras" from him.

Back