I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's reduced the $60 (everywhere ELSE) aftermarket S E-Z ignitions to $579.99-$583.99 (depending on the listing). Weird. Either Randy D hit his head or somebody must've hacked his account. The $900+ carb kit is the craziest one. My guess is that he sold three (at 'normal' prices) BEFORE the hack (or head injury)..

Prices on the coils were like that a few months ago when I was searching. My guess is he does it to relieve some of the shock of his other prices :msp_thumbdn:

Echo 900 on Ebay. Which one of you horn-dogs out bid me? Want to say thanks you saved me a couple bucks.

He's reduced the $60 (everywhere ELSE) aftermarket S E-Z ignitions to $579.99-$583.99 (depending on the listing). Weird. Either Randy D hit his head or somebody must've hacked his account. The $900+ carb kit is the craziest one. My guess is that he sold three (at 'normal' prices) BEFORE the hack (or head injury)..

Sounds like Randy has a friend out there that's just trying to help..

Nice and clean with the Canadian chain brake.

Me thinks the seller may be a member here.

Sure wish I had an uncle like the seller describes .... :cheers:

Interesting. I wonder what the bore of that saw actually is. There were "3400XP" versions sold in Canada that were actually 4000's under the skin. That saw has the 4000 style air filter setup. Maybe it's actually a 4000. Either that or it's actually a green Canadian version of a Poulan Pro 375 (which is a 3700 with 4000 AF and starter setups, and a Zama carb).

One negative thing............that cool chainbrake clutch cover is broken. Somebody has tightened the bar nuts down with the adjuster pin not indexed in the bar hole..........and broke the cover in the tensioner area. You can see the 'fix' that they did. There's a cad plated metal tab holding the tensioner 'somewhat' in place. It's held down by the forward bar nut. Look close.

Last I saw, Bryce had NOS clutch covers (stripped, and in primer grey and also orange) in that style for sale. A fellow'd have to factor the price of one of those covers into this deal. Still probably worth it. The seller's 'colorful' description of the saw is a bit of a turnoff however...

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder what the bore of that saw actually is. There were "3400XP" versions sold in Canada that were actually 4000's under the skin. That saw has the 4000 style air filter setup. Maybe it's actually a 4000. Either that or it's actually a green Canadian version of a Poulan Pro 375 (which is a 3700 with 4000 AF and starter setups, and a Zama carb).

One negative thing............that cool chainbrake clutch cover is broken. Somebody has tightened the bar nuts down with the adjuster pin not indexed in the bar hole..........and broke the cover in the tensioner area. You can see the 'fix' that they did. There's a cad plated metal tab holding the tensioner 'somewhat' in place. It's held down by the forward bar nut. Look close.

Last I saw, Bryce had NOS clutch covers (stripped, and in primer grey and also orange) in that style for sale. A fellow'd have to factor the price of one of those covers into this deal. Still probably worth it. The seller's 'colorful' description of the saw is a bit of a turnoff however...

Well, I like it. Well thought out field fix.:msp_thumbup:

You guys out west get all the good ones........................................................................................................

Aaron, was it this comment? "Professional grade old school manly man Poulan chainsaw". Maybe life in Cali has you liken' saws not so tough... you do own Homelites, There tough!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Aaron, was it this comment? "Professional grade old school manly man Poulan chainsaw". Maybe life in Cali has you liken' saws not so tough... you do own Homelites, There tough!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Hey........send me an email or call. I sent you an email but after looking at the site I may alter that order.....

Well, I like it. Well thought out field fix.:msp_thumbup:

You guys out west get all the good ones........................................................................................................

My 3400-4000 chainbrake clutch cover came from a bit farther away than California (or Canada).

photobucket-1941-1347849747362.jpg

From the great land of OZ. I no longer have the saw (or that bar...........look familiar Carl?). Still have the CB clutch cover that a friend in OZ sent me a while back. It'll go on a nice 3700-4000 when one comes my way.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back