I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from looking at a ms440 Magnum with 24in bar & chain in Salem. $250 was the asking price. Compression seemed to be good, but I didn't have my gauge with me. Seemed maybe to be running lean. Also was leaaking gas everywhere, and no oil getting to the chain.

Guy didn't even have a sqrench for it. Got a bad feeling. Guy couldn't speak English, didn't know the asking price, was selling for a friend. Friend was in the hospital.

Saw was well used. I walked....

So, still for sale if someone wants to take a chance on it.

I saw that one and thought long about it. It's almost imposible to tell from the pic but a few things made me think it could be beat up. Like the guy's name on the side which indicated a crew saw.
Sorry you wasted your time and thanks for the info. :cheers:

I saw that one and thought long about it. It's almost imposible to tell from the pic but a few things made me think it could be beat up. Like the guy's name on the side which indicated a crew saw.
Sorry you wasted your time and thanks for the info. :cheers:

Yeah, I saw the name on the side, saw the price, almost didn't go see the saw. :). It was a 90 minute drive for me. I called ahead, and still had to wait 30 minutes for the guy to show up. I was a little ticked already...

Honestly, I was waffling on the purchase. If I could've taken the muffler off and looked at the piston, I would've bought it. Still almost bought it. There were also some mods to the handle, and it definitely had been abused. The chain was sharpened until I doubt you can sharpen it anymore. It was down to a pure triangle shape. That pretty much tells me the saw wasn't cared for.

Yeah, I saw the name on the side, saw the price, almost didn't go see the saw. :). It was a 90 minute drive for me. I called ahead, and still had to wait 30 minutes for the guy to show up. I was a little ticked already...

Honestly, I was waffling on the purchase. If I could've taken the muffler off and looked at the piston, I would've bought it. Still almost bought it. There were also some mods to the handle, and it definitely had been abused. The chain was sharpened until I doubt you can sharpen it anymore. It was down to a pure triangle shape. That pretty much tells me the saw wasn't cared for.

I bet if you had taken the jug off and looked inside, you wouldn't have bought it. A new cylinder and rebuild as well as either a new tank or lots of time with JB weld....Not worth it, even for the cheap price.
I'd say you made a good call.

That's my ad!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't sound like someone I'd want to do business with..the first question that you'd ask about the saw and he'd probably hit you over the head with it!

You have no idea the nitwits I deal with on CL.I'm really a nice guy, Just trying to weed out the whiners and guys with brand new $40k pick ups crying poverty.

You have no idea the nitwits I deal with on CL.I'm really a nice guy, Just trying to weed out the whiners and guys with brand new $40k pick ups crying poverty.

Well I do not deal on CL but I do deal with nitwits............whiners and guys with brand new $40k pick ups crying poverty. I also deal with people of all political beliefs. It is my belief politics have little to do with actual intelligence. I am a strong conservative and some of the biggest low life dumbarses share my same beliefs.

Bill

Too funny Fishercat! I got a kick when I read it (I'm always scanning CL for deals) $450 doesn't seem like a bad deal, did you sell it yet? If not, You'll probably get a few hits today.

Latest posts

Back