I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sarcasm Warning!!!!!

The $500 36" McCulloch bar is back and now its just a total rip off. Still BIN for $500 and no donation mentioned. Sad thing is I think if people see this it may drive the price up of other bars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/McCulloch-36-Guide-Bar-/120663936939?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item1c18218fab

If I were the seller of this one I'd be pretty pleased. The buyer however, couldn't you get this for less if you just drove to the nearest Husqvarna dealer? $60. for shipping on top of the price of $535.? I'm pretty sure I can get one for less than $595. in my neck of the woods. Just Saying.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120661806140&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Well it appears that I grossly misjudged this fine, upstanding ebay seller afterall.:hmm3grin2orange:

He's a member here too by the way. Doesn't post much...:sucks:

No doubt he's a shady seller.....

Not rare enough for that kind of cheddar. He must've bought a stack of these bars. Over the last few months, he's sold at least 1/2 dozen of the same bar. One of the guys bought one here from him for $85 BIN plus shipping. Since then, every bar he's listed next has had the BIN price upped by $50 or so, and the shipping cost has been raised a couple of times. He sold one of the Homelite bars earlier, and has increased the BIN price on the next one he listed.

He reuses the same pics and wording for each listing...........but changes the numbers (upwards). One funny side note is that he had one the mac bar pics in a Homelite bar listing he had going at the same time. He removed it for the next Homelite bar listing (after I'd mentioned the pic here on AS).

In at least two of the mac bar listings, he's used "this is the last one I know of" type wording..............................only to list yet another bar a week or two later. A couple of weeks ago he listed one of these bars with a $250 starting bid and a $500 BIN price! The last bar he sold went for something like $200 BIN. He 'justified' the huge increase with a vague story about intending to give 1/2 of the profits from that auction to some mystery needy family (that he even stated he'd never met).

There was a bit of a stink here about said auction (and I did some of the stinking). The auction ended without any bidding. Now, a couple of weeks later he's listing it again, with similar numbers, and no mention of the 'family in need'.

While he's free to ask/charge whatever he wants to in his listings (as it should be).........................We're free to both bid/not bid in his auctions, and to honestly discuss his practices here....:cheers:

Not rare enough for that kind of cheddar. He must've bought a stack of these bars. Over the last few months, he's sold at least 1/2 dozen of the same bar. One of the guys bought one here from him for $85 BIN plus shipping. Since then, every bar he's listed next has had the BIN price upped by $50 or so, and the shipping cost has been raised a couple of times. He sold one of the Homelite bars earlier, and has increased the BIN price on the next one he listed.

He reuses the same pics and wording for each listing...........but changes the numbers (upwards). One funny side note is that he had one the mac bar pics in a Homelite bar listing he had going at the same time. He removed it for the next Homelite bar listing (after I'd mentioned the pic here on AS).

In at least two of the mac bar listings, he's used "this is the last one I know of" type wording..............................only to list yet another bar a week or two later. A couple of weeks ago he listed one of these bars with a $250 starting bid and a $500 BIN price! The last bar he sold went for something like $200 BIN. He 'justified' the huge increase with a vague story about intending to give 1/2 of the profits from that auction to some mystery needy family (that he even stated he'd never met).

There was a bit of a stink here about said auction (and I did some of the stinking). The auction ended without any bidding. Now, a couple of weeks later he's listing it again, with similar numbers, and no mention of the 'family in need'.

While he's free to ask/charge whatever he wants to in his listings (as it should be).........................We're free to both bid/not bid in his auctions, and to honestly discuss his practices here....:cheers:

:agree2: with you 100%. This seller thinks like last years garbage. I'm all for making money cause you need to, to stay in business and make things worth while. But to openly #### people over is just straight criminal in my eyes.

:agree2: with you 100%. This seller thinks like last years garbage. I'm all for making money cause you need to, to stay in business and make things worth while. But to openly #### people over is just straight criminal in my eyes.

I remember seeing you guys talking about that little uproar, but i didn't pay much attention.

Incredible..:sucks:

Yikes, Sunday list - need a snowblower... lmao

ariens 4/21 snow blower - $140 (hartford)

yardman 5/24 snow blower - $150 (hartford)

artic 8/26 snow blower - $175 (hartford)

Three/airens/snowblowers - $1 (Berlin) pic

craftman 5/22 snow blower - $150 (hartford)

SIMPLICTY 4.5 HP SNOW THROWER - $160 (hartf. ct) pic

1968 FORD 4500 Backhoe - $7600 (Tolland, CT) pic

Honda HS35 Snowthrower - Runs Good! - $275 (Simsbury, CT.) pic

MURRAY SNOW BLOWER - $175 (TOLLAND CT) pic

TORO -3.5hp. - 22" Cut - Snowblower - $175 (Hartford) pic

HAHNS ECLIPSE - 5hp. 24 - $200 (Hartford) pic

artic 8/26 snowblower -

YARDMACHINES - 5hp. - 24 - $250 (Hartford) pic

TORO 7/24 SNOWBLOWER - pic

noma 12/33 electric start snowblower - pic

MTD - 5hp.- 24" Cut - Snowblower - $275 (Hartford) pic

SNAPPER - 8hp. - 24" Cut - Snowblower - $350 (Hartford) pic

MTD - 8hp. - 24 " Cut - Snowblower - $350 (Hartford) pic

5.hp Snow Blower Ariens - $200 (hartf. ct ) pic

snow blower toro s620 with electric start - $100 (new britan )

* Simplicity Snow Thrower 10hp * - $1200 (Farmington)

Nice Simplicity Allis Chalmers Mower Deck with Mule Drive and Hardware - $125 (Rocky Hill) pic

PLOW PUMPS - $1 (NORTH BRANFORD)

SNOW BLOWER - (Southington)

ariens 7 hp snowblower - $300 (enfield) pic

26" Jacobsen snowblower - $100 (wethersfield) pic

murrey snowblower 9 hp ex condition - $480 (enfield) pic

ariens snowblower - $190 (enfield) pic

Sears 5 Hp two stage snow blower - $175 (Bristol)

CUSTOM SNOW PLOW FOR GRAVELY TRACTOR - $50 (PLAINVILLE) pic

small snowblower 4.5 horse - $150 (bristol)

Carlisle Snowblower Tirea & Rims - $35 (Farmington) pic

Dynamark snowblower - $75 (Colchester) pic

Case lawn Tractor 448 - $1200 (Higganum) pic

gravely tractor and snowblower attachment - $850 (bethel) pic

Snow Blower Airens SS322 Snowblower Gas - $150 (South Windsor,Ct.) pic

Craftsman 9HP, 28In cut snowblower - $350 (East Hartford)

Snowblower/thrower - $400 (Rocky Hill) pic

Brand NEW Rambo Duo 84" Blanket - $225 (Cheshire) pic

Husqvarna Snowblower - $150 (Newington)

Toro 521 snowblower - $225 (Newington)

Ariens snowblower. runs great - $300 (Windsor )

Toro 1800 Electric Power Curve Snowthrower - $145 (West Hartford) pic

Sears 42 - $42 (Haddam) pic

TORO, ARIENS, NOMA SNOW THROWERS AND BLOWERS - $30 (NEWINGTON/CT) pic

Ariens 6hp electric start - $250 (berlin) pic

6 ft pick up bed of cut split seasoned wood - $65 (Hebron )

Snowblower Toro 521 - $250 (Windsor locks)

Snow Blower - $285 (Haddam) pic

john deer tractor snow cab 425 - $900 (hebron) pic

TORO POWER SHOVEL ELECTRIC - $45 (WINDSOR) pic

2 -TORO SNOW BLOWER -8-32 - $300 (hartf. ct) pic

mtd 8 hp snowblower - $1 (windsor) pic

HONDA HS80-TAS Track Drive Snow Blower - $725 (Greater Hartford) pic

Snow Blower, 11H.P. Troybilt - $800 (Bloomfield) pic

Arien 28" cut dual stage snow thrower - $475 (Ellington) pic

ariens - $200 (manchester)

Snowblower - Thrower - $700 (Newington) pic

Ariens Snowblowers - $150 (South Windsor)

2 Stage Snowblower TRACK DRIVE Snow blower - (BIG SNOW STORM TODAY! -Middletown,Ct) pic

Craftsman Garden Tractor Snow Plow & 55lb Wheel Weights - (Glastonbury)

Toro Snow Blower Thrower with Electric Start - Good Condition - $175 (Glastonbury) pic

Sat Dec 25

Silly Snowblower Sat...

Sat Dec 25

Good Lord man!!

WAY OT, but...

Anyone know anything about the carb 8hp Tecumseh horiz. shaft on a 824 Toro blower? :dizzy:

it only runs of 1/2 or full choke (barely...loads up...) and, or course, back-fires... :angry:

I took it apart, and cleaned it (As best as possible...)

any help, or a suggestion as to info somewhere would be cool....

I don't know the guy selling those bars or anything about him. I think it was Metals406 that linked to his charity auction on the first go-round. I have dealt with Nate before, and he did me way more than fair. I should hope that he is not mixed up with this guy if he is a tool. Metals406 is a standup guy in my book.

used chainsaws ready to use - $40 (spotsylvania)

http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/grd/2110894885.html

chainsaw stand with 10 saws. Each has a white leather bar cover. Add a tree topper and you have a very unique xmas tree. Buy the stand with 10 saws for $900 or see the saw list below.
Individual saws will vary as they are sold. All saws operate as they should and have sharp chains.
Some of these saws are older collector saws and have no modern safety features so any use at your own risk.

poulan 25 $40
poulan 3100 $110
poulan 3400 $225
poulan 3300 (craftsman) $100
poulan pro 335 $100
poulan pro 3516 $65
echo 302 $80
john deere 30 $125
echo 660evl $125
shindaiwa 500 $150
shindaiwa 500 $100
homelite xl $80
olympic 251 $ 75

call email or text 540-455-3019
3n13m63pd5V25Y45P1acd3fde7179ba3512ea.jpg

Good Lord man!!

Anyone know anything about the carb 8hp Tecumseh horiz. shaft on a 824 Toro blower? :dizzy:

it only runs of 1/2 or full choke (barely...loads up...) and, or course, back-fires... :angry:

Maybe dirt in gas tank or bad fuel filter or this:

http://www.snowblowerforums.com/forum/snowblower-repairs-maintenance-forum/140-toro-824-problems.html

You have probly checked all that.

I'd try posting question on AS.

AS?? :confused:

I will pull the carb again...

I found some passages that might need a bit of cleaning as well..

I gotta find a wire that's about .012ga...

J

If I can offer any advice, PM Rookie1 and ask him about it. He is pretty good with the small 4 strokes. I traded him a 5 hp briggs that seemed to have carb problems, turned out the exhaust valve was out of wack.

If I can offer any advice, PM Rookie1 and ask him about it. He is pretty good with the small 4 strokes. I traded him a 5 hp briggs that seemed to have carb problems, turned out the exhaust valve was out of wack.

Drew,

thanks man...

got anythin good up for trade ;) I got some good stuff, as I'm sure you do, as usual...

Merry Christmas.

J

Good Lord man!!

WAY OT, but...

Nice one Jay. And you accused me of cluttering up threads here with off-topic jibber-jabber...:hmm3grin2orange:

Some of those Tecumseh carbs have a non-removeable plastic check valve within the carb body. If it's clogged, they'll run like you describe. Soak the carb body for a while, then blow out the passages (both ways) with some compressed air. Sometimes you can hear when the check valve is clear by shaking the stripped carb body and listening for 'clicking'.

I don't know the guy selling those bars or anything about him. I think it was Metals406 that linked to his charity auction on the first go-round. I have dealt with Nate before, and he did me way more than fair. I should hope that he is not mixed up with this guy if he is a tool. Metals406 is a standup guy in my book.

I agree Tim. Nate's indeed a good guy. The seller we're talking about is also a member here, although he doesn't post much. I don't think Nate's close with him..........just aquainted with him through the industry...

Drew,

thanks man...

got anythin good up for trade ;) I got some good stuff, as I'm sure you do, as usual...

Merry Christmas.

J

J, I'm gonna have a mini clearing sale here soon of stuff that I will never get around to fixing, keep an eye out for them in the trading post/swap meet, stihls and husqvarnas (saws and motorcycles:hmm3grin2orange:) are what I like to work on.

Latest posts

Back