I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really interested in this saw. What would you pay for it?

HUSQVARNA 266 XP PROFESSIONAL CHAIN SAW OREGON 20" BAR! | eBay

It's an SE but there wasn't much difference between the XP and the SE saws. The only difference I know of is the piston design. The SE would have the older full circle style piston where the XP would have a side cut style piston with windows like the 268 or 272 piston design. It doesn't matter since all 266 replacement pistons are 268 pistons and I would go through the saw before using it.

I think all the 266's where a two piece coil.

My price point would be around $120 shipped so it's almost there. At that price if you don't want to fix it you can make your money back parting it out.

New 346xp from Ebay

I was wondering if anyone here has purchased a new 346xp from Ebay? There is a seller out of Jacksonville that routinely has them on Ebay with starting bid of $420. He has great feedback so should be OK.

eBay Feedback Profile for expressmower

Around here a new 346xp is around $550 after tax. Might be worth it if I could snag one for around $430 or less.

Last edited:
It's an SE but there wasn't much difference between the XP and the SE saws. The only difference I know of is the piston design. The SE would have the older full circle style piston where the XP would have a side cut style piston with windows like the 268 or 272 piston design. It doesn't matter since all 266 replacement pistons are 268 pistons and I would go through the saw before using it.

I think all the 266's where a two piece coil.

My price point would be around $120 shipped so it's almost there. At that price if you don't want to fix it you can make your money back parting it out.

So I asked the seller a few questions. He says it was started right before it was listed and it's ready to go to work. It's over $100 now though.

You think those buggers are bad... try spiral locks. Most custom racing pistons use two of these per side. :bang:

locks1.jpg

They go in ok but getting them out is a nightmare.

Homelite 750 Chainsaw 42" Bar Starts Barn Find NR! | eBay

I about figured this seller was going to get "stiffed" on the last sale. I believe it had gotten run up to $560 by a bidder with a 0 feedback.

The seller is a 'real special' gal anyway... :rolleyes: I had asked what she valued the saw at, and she came back with some comment from left-field about me 'trying to take advantage of a lady who doesn't know anything about chainsaws...' ???:confused: I NEVER made a remote attempt at an offer!!! :bang:

DUHHHH..

OH, and no, I was not the dead-beat...

Since the edit function isn't working...looks like this might be the same bidder who paid $96.00 for the other Poulan S25.

The bidder who won the Dayton apparantly bid $95.00 on the earlier Poulan listing, but didn't win it. I bet the winner of the Poulan was totally p*ss*d that he had to pay $96.00 (if the bidding was legit).

The bidder who won the Dayton apparantly bid $95.00 on the earlier Poulan listing, but didn't win it. I bet the winner of the Poulan was totally p*ss*d that he had to pay $96.00 (if the bidding was legit).

I don't see how it could be legit. I got two 25DA's last year off eBay for $30.

Back