I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
455 Pro

I ditched the idea of dealing with "Bob" and bought a Poulan Pro 455 powerhead from Paul Field.

I hate to say it but, I own a 455 Pro, 10-12 yrs old running a 16" X 24" Bow on it. Most of my saws are Stihl but the 455 seems to get the job done and for 175 bucks (saw was like new) purchased from a home owner last year. He says the saw cut 10 cords of wood and I think he was spot on with that #. It came with the big green bow and a 20" Oregon roller pro tip bar + 1 loop. Did up an 88 link loop for the bow and nothing has stopped it yet. I also own two 295 Pros, they just sit around these days, so I know the evils of a PP saw lol.

295 PP
"It just fell off again, so I guess it's time to pick up the parts!" LMAO

066 mag

Stihl 066 Mag Chainsaw - $600 (Levittown)

Date: 2011-09-09, 2:23PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Great running Stihl 066 mag with a 36" bar and chain, can txt pics if needed

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2581524701

I had this saw bought the first time around when the previous owner had it up for sale for 150. The kid reneged on the deal when I was on my way up to buy it from him. I offered him 120 and he says sure NP come get it. Then he calls me ( buy mistake) on my way up and says this and that. He called the wrong guy back and I find out he bailed on our deal and is selling it to another guy for 150. So I say WTF? dude you made a deal then you bail on it for a better offer? Then he says yea, I'm like if you wanted 150 for the saw in a basket all apart I'd have given you that for it. The guy that bought it ( I spoke with him on the phone ) says the case bearings were shot and the rod only rolled one way not the other. Hope he put all new bearings it it. I think Rob who is selling it now did go through the saw a replace whatever it needed. I don't know the guy and have never meet him yet. Hope to get up his way next week and do some trading or parts buys. The guy always has saws for sale, it's his hobby I think.

Good looking saw and a well done ad. Good luck with the auction Chris. :rock:

Did you get the 3120 together yet?

Thanks Randy, taking the time on the ad is usually worth the investment.

3120 is still awaiting TLC.

Chris

Looks GOOD!

a VERY late-model with the quickstop!!

Yeah, the thing looks pretty good after I cleaned it up

Nice saw, Chris! Even cleaner than you described to me.

:msp_thumbup:

Thanks Ted, any luck on that bar yet, or are we still just finding the mice?

By the way...I actually have a shirt on in the vid! If you could see me now, Uncle Ted!

Chris

Last edited:
Inability to ship beyond the 48 continental US states

Is it just me or is there a growing number of ebay sellers who do not want to ship outside of the 48 states? :msp_angry:Whats up with that? A lack of capability to mark off a few check marks on a customs declaration form? I mean, you gotta have at the very least a modicum of smarts to safely run a saw in the first place. :dizzy:How much harder is it to fill out another form? It just drives me nuts and I figured this is the Ebay thread so what the heck. I have yet to come across a Canadian listing items on ebay who is unable to ship to the USA. If someone can shed some light on this...

Is it just me or is there a growing number of ebay sellers who do not want to ship outside of the 48 states? :msp_angry:Whats up with that? A lack of capability to mark off a few check marks on a customs declaration form? I mean, you gotta have at the very least a modicum of smarts to safely run a saw in the first place. :dizzy:How much harder is it to fill out another form? It just drives me nuts and I figured this is the Ebay thread so what the heck. I have yet to come across a Canadian listing items on ebay who is unable to ship to the USA. If someone can shed some light on this...

More to it than that....... When creating a listing, try and use a phrase such as "...not responsible for" , "...buyer assumes liability...", "...can't be responsible for', etc. and etc. Ebay seems to feel that you, the seller, can, and should, be fully responsible for delays, losses, damage, customs delays/issues, etc. I've found ways to assert what needed to be asserted, while working around the 'auto text police', but it's a frustrating process. I have, after a request from a foreign potential bidder who understandably just wants access to the item, begun the listing modification and, after getting to the point that I don't feel I've adequately protected myself from potential eventualities that are beyond my control.....given up.

Wanna rely on the 'ebay shipping calculator' and get stuck for some of the shipping tab? Wanna try and keep track of those countries where fraud, feedback blackmail, etc. is rampant? Wanna have to deal with a return, especially when the buyer is the absolute culprit, from some distant shores? You get the picture.....and there's more.

Wanna rely on the 'ebay shipping calculator' and get stuck for some of the shipping tab? Wanna try and keep track of those countries where fraud, feedback blackmail, etc. is rampant? Wanna have to deal with a return, especially when the buyer is the absolute culprit, from some distant shores? You get the picture.....and there's more.

I understand not wanting to deal with say, countries like Nigeria but I am talking about Canada here. We export most of our stuff to the USA and import even more of yours. As for shipping I think everyone should just utilize Canada Post or in your case, USPS. Couriers like "big brown" are a huge rip-off going across borders. Also, sellers can and should always check a buyers feedback as anyone with more than one or two negatives should need to be held to account, not those with perfect feedback.

I understand not wanting to deal with say, countries like Nigeria but I am talking about Canada here. We export most of our stuff to the USA and import even more of yours. As for shipping I think everyone should just utilize Canada Post or in your case, USPS. Couriers like "big brown" are a huge rip-off going across borders. Also, sellers can and should always check a buyers feedback as anyone with more than one or two negatives should need to be held to account, not those with perfect feedback.

I usually accommodate a neighbor....!

Pisses me off too, but apparently it's a lot more work for them than it is for us. There was a thread about this a while back. Some people will ship, but won't accept a paypal address from outside the US. That really makes no sense to me.

I really like guys who have shipping of $10 to the US and $275 or something stupid to Canada. Gotta be careful.

Thanks for the additional info. Sounds like a decent price if it was truely gone through and rebuilt.

I had this saw bought the first time around when the previous owner had it up for sale for 150. The kid reneged on the deal when I was on my way up to buy it from him. I offered him 120 and he says sure NP come get it. Then he calls me ( buy mistake) on my way up and says this and that. He called the wrong guy back and I find out he bailed on our deal and is selling it to another guy for 150. So I say WTF? dude you made a deal then you bail on it for a better offer? Then he says yea, I'm like if you wanted 150 for the saw in a basket all apart I'd have given you that for it. The guy that bought it ( I spoke with him on the phone ) says the case bearings were shot and the rod only rolled one way not the other. Hope he put all new bearings it it. I think Rob who is selling it now did go through the saw a replace whatever it needed. I don't know the guy and have never meet him yet. Hope to get up his way next week and do some trading or parts buys. The guy always has saws for sale, it's his hobby I think.

More rip-off scams with buyers from outside the US. More risk for the sellers.

Philbert

I don't disagree that there are more rip-off scams, but these are from buyers other than Canadians. Put it this way, it would be like Canadian sellers saying they won't be shipping to the US because of scams originating in Nigeria or somewhere in southeast Asia. One has nothing to do with the other.

Well, that's $275 Canadian . . .

(just kidding - remember when there were big differences?...)

Philbert

I worked with a company that had a lot of US distributors. Whenever they came to Canada they tossed around their money like it was going out of style... living large! Who could blame them though when they were getting an extra 60%:msp_w00t: on their yankee dollars!

The problem I have isn't with Canadians, it's with your damned postal service. I used to sell car parts, sent a starter to Canada and they took it out and destroyed it thinking it was a bomb because we left a wire on it as the buyer requested. I was NOT amused when I was notified. That auction was the last international auction I ran. :msp_angry:

Latest posts

Back