I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check this one out, he thinks it's an 090G, even after some have said it wasn't. Lets help the man and everybody send him a clue!:tongue2:

STIHL 090G CHAINSAW 36' BAR milling saw ......................... 090 070 088 | eBay

Didn't you read the listing? If you tell him he's misleading people then you need to "get a life".
The schmo should pull his listing. It's like selling a hardtop corvette as a convertible. You try to tell him, uh, it's not a convertible and he says 'I don't know what that means but get a life.':msp_w00t:

Didn't you read the listing? If you tell him he's misleading people then you need to "get a life".
The schmo should pull his listing. It's like selling a hardtop corvette as a convertible. You try to tell him, uh, it's not a convertible and he says 'I don't know what that means but get a life.':msp_w00t:

Well the AS guys finally got to him. He fixed the listing.

STIHL 090G CHAINSAW 36' BAR milling saw ......................... 090 070 088 | eBay

New listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160657932075?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

He still has poor punctuation and a misused word amongst other errors. "The Air cleaner cover is not the right one , this is not a G model , it'd direct drive with a clutch ." :buttkick:

I think English teachers would cry or commit suicide if they read the majority of the ads on eBay or Craigslist, especially the Dolmar 6400 that Roanoker494 pointed out. It was just painful to read.

I had a connection to get these but I was to late:angry:

It would have been a smoking deal:bang:

Guy messaged me back he only has a pole saw now. I have no use for that let alone shipping it would not work.

Too bad Florida is a 23hr drive for me, cuz, I'm ready to jump in the truck and drive down there for this deal! WOW!!:msp_w00t:
Rich

I sent him a ripper of a message! Asked if he had a Gear drive version why does it look like all the others listed for sale and instead of running his mouth he actually listed for a change he would have heard them trying to help him! Oh and that he was going to lose his 100% feedback and probably have a bloody mess when they figure out he miss advertised the saw.

How have you been, you been gone awhile!

How about neutral feedback?

Just completed an ebay purchase and the XL-103(?) powerhead was delivered this morning. Bought it for parts and the price was below 20 USD so no big deal. Powerhead was described as good for parts or restore.

engine is not siezed. muffler is shot. good for parts or restore. buyer pays $18.00 shipping

The thing is, seller failed to mention that the handle was broken where it joins the oil tank and the clutch cover (still serviceable, barely) has a couple cracks. Anyone spending half a minute would have spotted the problems.

I feel the seller was deceptive so I'm not hip on leaving positive feedback so what about neutral?
Didn't want to put this in the general chainsaw forum and the Ebay/Craigslist seemed a better fit.

Thanks fellas.
Carl.

Just completed an ebay purchase and the XL-103(?) powerhead was delivered this morning. Bought it for parts and the price was below 20 USD so no big deal. Powerhead was described as good for parts or restore.

The thing is, seller failed to mention that the handle was broken where it joins the oil tank and the clutch cover (still serviceable, barely) has a couple cracks. Anyone spending half a minute would have spotted the problems.

I feel the seller was deceptive so I'm not hip on leaving positive feedback so what about neutral?
Didn't want to put this in the general chainsaw forum and the Ebay/Craigslist seemed a better fit.

Thanks fellas.
Carl.
Hard one to call. If there are any useable parts then the ad is correct because any saw can be restored, just depends on how deep you are willing to dig in the pockets. Have you contacted the seller yet? Maybe he would do a partial refund?

Hard one to call. If there are any useable parts then the ad is correct because any saw can be restored, just depends on how deep you are willing to dig in the pockets. Have you contacted the seller yet? Maybe he would do a partial refund?

The guy has only 42 sales and I have less than 20 'buys' so it's two newbies run amok. I'm going to try leaving neutral feedback because I think I got some good parts out of it for my money.

I'll be more carefull in the future.

Thanks Johnnie.

The guy has only 42 sales and I have less than 20 'buys' so it's two newbies run amok. I'm going to try leaving neutral feedback because I think I got some good parts out of it for my money.

I'll be more carefull in the future.

Thanks Johnnie.

What can he do to make it right? If there is something, give him a chance before leaving the neutral feedback.

Too bad Florida is a 23hr drive for me, cuz, I'm ready to jump in the truck and drive down there for this deal! WOW!!:msp_w00t:
Rich

My parents live in the Naples area and my dad worked in Ft. Myers from time to time so he could have gotten it all for me if they had not been sold already. Deals like that don't last:cry:

I emailed the guy right away but I wasn't fast enough:msp_sad:

021 husqvarna chain saw

HUSQVARNA 021 CHAIN SAW
EXCELLENT RUNNING CONDITION
HAS NEW PARTS,
FROM THE SAW OUT TO THE END OF BAR MEASURES 15 INCHES
CALL JIM ANYTIME @ 724-825-7131
NO EMAILS OR TEXTING, THANKS
ALSO SELLING ALOT OF HAND TOOLS
TOOL BOXES AND TOOL CHEST

Husq 455, Two of them

To much already, its got to go

This is advertised out in Ewa Beach. Two Husqvarna 455's. I asked for photos and more information. Here are the photos he sent me.

2011-09-27_175954.jpg

2011-09-27_180941.jpg

So here is a quote from the email he sent, and a response after I asked more questions.

Well I have two. 55 rancher air injection. 1 has no carb. But all other parts. 18"and 20" bars w/chains. I do not know if it works but don't see why not. I do not work on small engines.

Second response after I asked this: The carb-less Rancher pulls over? It's not seized is it, etc? Do you have an asking price for that one by any chance.

Oh its not carb-less. It has no fuel injector or carb. They both turn over and crank. I just have no gas to see if they run. But both go together for asking. $150

So I am a bit confused, first sez no carb, then.... huh? In the photos it appears one of them is missing the pull cord. But both for $150. Any body have any suggestions? I may head out there and take a look this weekend if he still has them unless someone strongly advises me to "run away, run away....."

I am guessing I can get parts off of the Swap meet thread as needed to repair these. By the way, did anyone notice the name brand of the washing machine (or is it a dryer) they are sitting on. Roper. It's killing me.......must be a sign. You all know I've got a thing for Ropers by now.

Last edited:
I would take a look at them myself. There is a possibility that the one marked "Air Injection" has the closed port top end if it was built between 1998 and 2000. Just need to pull the top cover and check the fins on the cylinder around the air injection tube. If it only has the top three fins then it is a open port and if it is only missing the bottom three it is a closed port.

Closed port is on the left
attachment.php

Back