I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CL dreamers in my area...

Very old chainsaw
You'd have to PAY me $40 to put that bastard on my shelf (unless I can take the clutch parts and bar for my Super E-Z's and ditch the rest).

Collectible Vintage Homelite Super Wiz 55 Chainsaw
He's just now lowered the price $50. Had it listed again and again for $349.

McCulloch Chain Saw for Sale
A nice example of the breed. The "Drift Boat Anchor" Mac 33/35/39 saws just don't go for much however. This same yahoo had a Homelite 20LCS and some other old saw (listed incorrectly as Homelite) for $500 each several times over the last year. I saw the listing earlier today, but it's gone again. I just now noticed that this listing no longer has a 707 area code phone number (which would be correct for the area). Wonder if somebody else is using his listing for a scam. I've seen that happen before. There was an MS440 listing a few years ago that was 'adopted' by a scammer (with new contact info) for some reason. I talked to the real seller (who'd already sold the saw) and told him of the reuse of his listing. He contacted CL and had the scammer listing removed...

Then there's the jackwagon that keeps listing his rusty, crusty McCulloch 895 for between $899 and $2000. He keeps rotating up and down between prices every time he lists it. No rhyme or reason to it either. Sometimes he includes pics, and sometimes he doesn't. Lee has talked with the guy. I've emailed back and forth. The thickheaded fool is convinced that he has some super rare, super valuable saw. It's a somewhat rare model with a long RN bar............................but in the condition it's in it's a $100 saw at best. The guy won't even return my emails or messages anymore.......

I'd intended on putting up a few other winners, such as the $225 clapped out PM610 (where the the seller sez to not waste his time with lowball offers), but they all seem to have expired. They'll be up again in a day or two...

Last edited:
Older Stihl 045/046 Parts

I just picked up a package deal, I bought a saw and part of the package was 3 bins full of 045/056 parts, I will be cleaning them up and putting them on Ebay this week but I was wondering if any of the fellow AS members needed anything, everything is used except I do have a brand new clutch in a bag and I have some mahle & Stihl cylinders that I think also go to the saws but I cant find anything about them by researching the numbers on them. They dont look like they were used either. PM me (title is supposed to say 045/056 not 046 but wont let me edit title, oops)

Must be because it's not live yet. I'm signed in to "my ebay" so it works for me. I'll post it up later when it goes live.

It's for a 090AVE that I'm selling for Mike W.... He said if it brings as much as he things it will he'll send Strumpet a little. :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back