I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought two NOS Jonsereds from this seller last year and he shipped them to me.

Just tell him you saw his ad posted here on AS ;)

I'll let em fight it out for the P-100 since I already have a Super but might like the P-85. Problem is the shipping though, unless he's willing to deal some the shipping cost is getting the price up there for a 85 sight unseen....

He's selling sprockets not the saw

I don't think he's gonna sell either.

(Come to think of it, doesn't that new 090AV look familiar with that hose dangling there. Didn't the canook company just sell that saw?)

Last edited:

(Come to think of it, doesn't that new 090AV look familiar with that hose dangling there. Didn't the canook company just sell that saw?)

I've been thinkin about tryin different sprockets, just to see the difference. I've only run stock sprockets so it did tweek my interest.

Apparently the value of a good chain saw is going up. STIHL 090 AV anti vibration CHAINSAW CHAIN SAW best 090 ever listed | eBay . Maybe I should start selling too.

Free shipping makes this a great deal! lol

He's selling sprockets not the saw

I've been thinkin about tryin different sprockets, just to see the difference. I've only run stock sprockets so it did tweek my interest.

You mean you want to turn your saw into a Lamborghini Superleggera!!!

Apparently the value of a good chain saw is going up. STIHL 090 AV anti vibration CHAINSAW CHAIN SAW best 090 ever listed | eBay . Maybe I should start selling too.

Free shipping makes this a great deal! lol

Yep!

That saw is the same saw as this one, notice the stump its sitting on....

LINK

Last edited:
He claims
"Yes big sprockets will be harder on your chains and bar and other parts as the they speed up the chain and load the engine."

Larger sprocket speeds the chain up?

His description is poor, but a larger sprocket will indeed increase the linear speed (ft/min) of the chain for a given RPM. That's assuming the saw can pull it. There's no free lunch. An increase in pin count/diameter means more load on the saw.

Edit:

Looks like Jim was faster on the draw...:D

Yes more pins higher chain speed, fewer pins more torque.

His description is poor, but a larger sprocket will indeed increase the linear speed (ft/min) of the chain for a given RPM. That's assuming the saw can pull it. There's no free lunch. An increase in pin count/diameter means more load on the saw.

Edit:

Looks like Jim was faster on the draw...:D

In my mind it would seem like a smaller sprocket would make more revolutions per minute thus turning the chain faster and a larger sprocket would provide more torque.

Wouldn't a 12 pin sprocket cause issues in relationship to the width of a standard bar?

In my mind it would seem like a smaller sprocket would make more revolutions per minute thus turning the chain faster and a larger sprocket would provide more torque.

Wouldn't a 12 pin sprocket cause issues in relationship to the width of a standard bar?

Yes you would need a "fat" bar or really long chain guides on a standard bar. I run a 8 pin on most of my larger saws but would never go bigger than that. You will also have to lengthen your chains.

Think of it like a 10 speed bike, the bigger gears are for more speed and the smaller ones are for climbing hills, slower speed but easier under load.

Latest posts

Back