I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is another one up for sale, same place, not as good cosmetically with a lesser "buy it now".

Think it happened a bit later, but it sure did (US only though) - and the 351 to 353 change happened earlier, not at the same time.

The 45mm 350 piston is not the same as the 353 one - it is "dished" on the top, which reduse power output a bit. Jug is the same.

The reason it happened was EPA, nothing else......;)

That is correct, I have used the 353 piston when rebuilding the 350EPA version with great success; however, I wouldn't go the other way and use the dished piston on a 353 rebuild!

Chainsaws on Ebay or Craigslist

Just wondering if there is a sticky out there for saws that are being sold in either of these places. I would like to see a category in this forum so when someone finds it on their local Craigslist they could post it. Is there one out there and I haven't found it yet?

Nope... there are more than enough craigslist and ebay links to saws cluttering up the already busy layout of this board...

They ain't hard to find mang! You just gotta be willin' to put the time in to search... :)

Gary

Meow ...
cats outa the bag fellas....reckon they'll be a third or fourth thread before the grass grows much longer :)
2's enough - for now !!! :)

The price of saws nowadays is gettin' retarded... :dizzy: FFS I just bought my kid a car for 900 bucks...

Gary

Have to agree with ya Gary....car market here gone to crap too.
Comparing the production and costs involved to produce a
car compared to a saw......crazy.

:cheers:

Just wondering if there is a sticky out there for saws that are being sold in either of these places. I would like to see a category in this forum so when someone finds it on their local Craigslist they could post it. Is there one out there and I haven't found it yet?

Honestly, I think that's a great idea!!! I think Craigslist is the last refuge of bargain seekers, Ebay, not so much....(But sometimes, got me a GREAT 026 for $220)

Not to be a butt head... but if people would do some of their own simple research... a lot of clutter would be avoided...

It's not that I hate it... it is just amazing to me that the same questions can be asked the same day, or with in hours of each other... There is a wealth of info here on AS... but to honest, not a lot pf p[eople use it without being steered in the right direction. Most questions asked can be answered with a simple Google seach.

I know lots of people want to be "involved" and stuff... and they think that their questions and topics are the first time it has ever been posted. This happens on every forum I belong to. Whether it is saws, dirtbikes, hot rods, fishin', or huntin'... it's all the same. But I digress... maybe I need my own "obsolete knuckledragger" forum... so I can b1tch to myself. LOL :laugh:

Gary

Meow ...
cats outa the bag fellas....reckon they'll be a third or fourth thread before the grass grows much longer :)
2's enough - for now !!!!
:cheers:

And to think, it was such a secret. Ergo the "Buy It Now"!!

I agree- part of the learning process involves doing research and finding information on your own. When I first started in this business there was no internet so I checked out several books on small engine repair from the library and did a bunch of reading. People that come to this forum have a virtual library at their fingertips and it's effortless to use.

Latest posts

Back