I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been a while but I don't belirve I paid that much for it new in the early 80's.

Eh. Considering the average price for a saw in todays market, I wouldn't mind paying that for a running piece of equipment if I was in a pinch and needed one quick. Thats just the market for a tool that can do a job. Nothing too wrong with that. Doubling the price on something tho? A little nuts when its less than 10 years old and cost more than I've made in some months in the last year. I bought a MS200T about 5 years ago with a scored cylinder for 25 bucks and it had NO COMPRESSION! Took it home, polished out the piston and jug with 3000 grit sandpaper. A new pair of rings and a jug gasket it is still running today. Might putter out if you leave it idling for more than a minute but will pull the chain if I bury every inch of the bar in maple and it'll do fine in harder oak. Its all in what you're willing to pay.

Eh. Considering the average price for a saw in todays market, I wouldn't mind paying that for a running piece of equipment if I was in a pinch and needed one quick. Thats just the market for a tool that can do a job. Nothing too wrong with that. Doubling the price on something tho? A little nuts when its less than 10 years old and cost more than I've made in some months in the last year. I bought a MS200T about 5 years ago with a scored cylinder for 25 bucks and it had NO COMPRESSION! Took it home, polished out the piston and jug with 3000 grit sandpaper. A new pair of rings and a jug gasket it is still running today. Might putter out if you leave it idling for more than a minute but will pull the chain if I bury every inch of the bar in maple and it'll do fine in harder oak. Its all in what you're willing to pay.

I guess so. However you can pick up great running Poulan 3400's all day for less than $125. I mean I hope the seller gets what he wants cause then I'll list my three right away.

Well I can't sell a saw around here to save my life. Stihl's are all stihl sitting here so why not try a Homelite. I have someone now interested in it.

Hey Scott, pm or email me a link with your saw ads. I have very good luck on CL. Maybe you need better pics or something.

Latest posts

Back