I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a McCulloch LeSabre, a McCulloch 33 turned on it's side and no gear box, direct drive.

Brian

Nice call Brian. I was on the verge of calling it a "Thrifty Mac", but upon further observation it appears you may have hit the McNail on the McHead.

Edit: Zoom in on the top cover of the listed saw. It has a plaid pattern. It's a "Thrifty Mac"!!!

Last edited:
Guess I should have waited until my daily search was done to post here...

bit high on the price
Working chainsaw with case

Small working chainsaw

Echo 452 VL chainsaw

ECHO Chainsaw 302

192T - needs "a new fan"
192 stihl chainsaw

192 stihl chainsaw

~*~ Homelite 360 Pro Chainsaw

That little Echo CS302 is the best deal in that bunch.

Does anyone know what this is?

Chain Saw McCulloch RARE | eBay

It's a McCulloch LeSabre, a McCulloch 33 turned on it's side and no gear box, direct drive.

Brian

Nice call Brian. I was on the verge of calling it a "Thrifty Mac", but upon further observation it appears you may have hit the McNail on the McHead.

Edit: Zoom in on the top cover of the listed saw. It has a plaid pattern. It's a "Thrifty Mac"!!!

It is indeed a D-33. Thrifty Mac and LeSabre were different labels for what is basically the same saw.

Model Profile: D-33 "Le Sabre"

Last edited:

Brian called it right. It's a LeSabre.
Both the ThriftyMac and LeSabre came with the plaid decal on top. Some LeSabres came with a maple leaf decal. The quickest key to distinguish between the two is the turned-down top handle on LeSabre... versus a top handle which stops short even with the powerhead on a ThriftyMac... with a flush metal plug in the end.

The two photos on Mike's site (which Aaron posted a link to above) show both models. ThriftyMac in top photo, LeSabre in bottom photo.

Last edited:
I dont think I have ever been near a tree that would come close to burying that bar!!

Stihl MS 880 w/ 60in. bar...I wonder if santa can fit this into his sleigh??:msp_biggrin:

Stihl Chainsaw Sale Pro Saw MS880 Magnum 5 foot Bar

What I wanna know is why ain't that thing fallen off the tool box? My wife says I can't buy anymore saws til I get caught up on my list of hone dews. Is that fair?

What I wanna know is why ain't that thing fallen off the tool box? My wife says I can't buy anymore saws til I get caught up on my list of hone dews. Is that fair?

Heck NO! Rome was completed in a day....neither would that list. Go get your toy, its a advance gift to yourself for all the hard work you WILL put towards the list when your done playin with new saw. Just my .02:)

Heck NO! Rome was completed in a day....neither would that list. Go get your toy, its a advance gift to yourself for all the hard work you WILL put towards the list when your done playin with new saw. Just my .02:)

THANK YOU. I'm gonna pass that opinion on to my wife. Worst that can happen is I'll be out in the shop with my saws, right?

I thought we were friends!!!!
360 is a great saw!!!

Sure we're friends Scott. That's why I can be honest with you here. In my opinion.....the Homelite 360 is a good saw, while the Echo CS302 is one of the greats (in its displacement class).

I'd much rather pay $50 for a cherry CS302 than $100 for a Homelite 360. That's why I picked it as the best deal of that bunch. Now if the Homelite was a SXL925, 540, 8800, 450, 550, 650, or 750 for $100 then that'd be another story...:D

I dont think I have ever been near a tree that would come close to burying that bar!!

Stihl MS 880 w/ 60in. bar...I wonder if santa can fit this into his sleigh??:msp_biggrin:

Stihl Chainsaw Sale Pro Saw MS880 Magnum 5 foot Bar

Me neither but I still want it. I've had ONE and only ONE tree in a plot I was clearing during some weekend work where I could use that and it was only 4 feet thick. Looks clean.

Me neither but I still want it. I've had ONE and only ONE tree in a plot I was clearing during some weekend work where I could use that and it was only 4 feet thick. Looks clean.

There are trees down here would swallow that bar some. One right in my front yard. The vast bulk of the tree is still there, and just bucking up what the bucket truck guys hacked off I got a scosh over five cords (red oak) My guesstimate using pictures and a tape measure and so on was it was a little over 90 foot high and 110 foot spread.

I know where there is a downed river oak laying in a field that looks to have (again, a guess) a 7 foot or dang close to it diameter trunk.

Ya, they ain't giant west coast red douglas sequoia furry woods, but the east coast still has some pretty nice big trees here and there.

Back in the day, I remember all the dutch elms. Some serious monstahs.

There are trees down here would swallow that bar some. One right in my front yard. The vast bulk of the tree is still there, and just bucking up what the bucket truck guys hacked off I got a scosh over five cords (red oak) My guesstimate using pictures and a tape measure and so on was it was a little over 90 foot high and 110 foot spread.

I know where there is a downed river oak laying in a field that looks to have (again, a guess) a 7 foot or dang close to it diameter trunk.

Ya, they ain't giant west coast red douglas sequoia furry woods, but the east coast still has some pretty nice big trees here and there.

Back in the day, I remember all the dutch elms. Some serious monstahs.

You're just making me want to look for more weekend work clearing land. Havn't had a tree job or clearing job in the last 7 months. But I've been too busy at the regular job to be looking really.

Sure we're friends Scott. That's why I can be honest with you here. In my opinion.....the Homelite 360 is a good saw, while the Echo CS302 is one of the greats (in its displacement class).

I'd much rather pay $50 for a cherry CS302 than $100 for a Homelite 360. That's why I picked it as the best deal of that bunch. Now if the Homelite was a SXL925, 540, 8800, 450, 550, 650, or 750 for $100 then that'd be another story...:D

Well I can't sell a saw around here to save my life. Stihl's are all stihl sitting here so why not try a Homelite. I have someone now interested in it.

Well I can't sell a saw around here to save my life. Stihl's are all stihl sitting here so why not try a Homelite. I have someone now interested in it.

Sorry Scott.......I'm kinda dense sometimes. Hadn't realized that it was your saw for sale here. Thought you were just defending a favorite model...

I hear you. I alway have bad luck selling saws. Gotta put a few up on feebay soon...

Sorry Scott.......I'm kinda dense sometimes. Hadn't realized that it was your saw for sale here. Thought you were just defending a favorite model...

I hear you. I alway have bad luck selling saws. Gotta put a few up on feebay soon...

Wanna buy a saw?

Latest posts

Back