I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chain saws sthil - $1 (gainesville)

have a 3 month old sthil 361 with 25 inch bar runs perfect broke plastic brake still works fine $225 and a 460 with 36 inch bar $350 also brand new climbing rope still in package $100 big pully with bull rope $50 ms 250 16 inch bar $100 will need pulll start soon call 716 284-873

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/grd/1947049283.html

I've seen an interesting thing happen several times in CL. There are people that are SO STUPID that they cannot read a decal on a saw, then type the wording on the keyboard (or iphone) without totaly assing it up. The ad you linked shows a moron that can't look at "Air Injection" on his saw and then type it into his computer without his <75IQ brain morphing it into "fuel injection"....'cause that's what all the cool cars have I guess...:buttkick:

For me, the example of this idiocy is the McCulloch saw listings. I've seen "Maculog", "Mccullogh", "Mcullough", and several other butcherings of the grand old saw name in listings..................many with PICTURES of the damn saw with "McCulloch" CLEARLY visible on the saw. Just look at the damn saw and type one letter at a time you IDIOT....:dizzy::censored:

Hmmmm. May have to go pick up that Mac gear drive. Pretty far though. Looks to have sat in some water unfortunately. Buncha orange rusty water stain on the starter cover (probably from the rusting chain with the saw laying on its right side).

I keep seeing Macs with that style of AF cover with the cover installed backwards on fleabay and CL. The opening is supposed to face the operator.............not the log. Guess the idiots think it looks more like an air scoop on a musclecar that way.

looks like a 1-72 to me...

More like a 1-80 since it's a gear drive. Could be any of a bunch of different Mac gear drive models from that period...

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...2bd5690665abd21c88256b6100123dcd?OpenDocument

I also like the "McCullough" spelling of McCulloch. Not surprising with this yahoo..:monkey:

Edit:

Robert,
Are you close enough to Merced that you could pick it up for me without much trouble? Just a thought...

Last edited:
Not even close.
Model 55 or super 55

Lee

The air filter cover and handle mount are give aways.
Seen different recoils on them as well.
After another look, the tank it self bolt pattern is a good identification to narrow down the ID.

Back