I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting.

i have up for sale a stihl 20 inch chainsaw needs chain it is dull and loose runs good had new sprocket and clutch and bearing thanks
3n53p13l15W25U05S0ab32459df7b2bab142b.jpg

Where the heck is Slippery Rock?

I wonder if he likes his women like he likes his chains?

+1. Check out the previous listing of that saw.

I can honestly saw that they are two different saws. The neighbor's son offered me $150 for the first one cause he blew up his daddies 650 that he had owned since new, mine was in better shape anyway. The one for sale now is in even better shape than the first one. This saw pushed my gauge to 220psi on three different compression tests, one of which was with a different gauge.

I will not lie to anyone though. I don't really want to sale this one, that is the reason for the price. The ole Lady said she wanted some of those saws out of the basement, so now I can say "But baby.... I'm trying but no one is buying". She does not understand the idea of having a chainsaw that is too old and nice to use. I tried to use her stuff against her, but it seems that her shoes and clothes are justified. I own three pair of shoes, that all get worn every week. Got my boots for working around here, my tennis shoes to wear to work and my dress shoes for Sunday. Bet she has better than thirty pair, don't know for sure cause I'm not allowed to touch them. Bet if I could have the money back off them shoes I could buy that new MS390 I have been eye balling, maybe even a 660.

+1. Check out the previous listing of that saw.

I can honestly saw that they are two different saws. The neighbor's son offered me $150 for the first one cause he blew up his daddies 650 that he had owned since new, mine was in better shape anyway. The one for sale now is in even better shape than the first one. This saw pushed my gauge to 220psi on three different compression tests, one of which was with a different gauge.

I will not lie to anyone though. I don't really want to sale this one, that is the reason for the price. The ole Lady said she wanted some of those saws out of the basement, so now I can say "But baby.... I'm trying but no one is buying". She does not understand the idea of having a chainsaw that is too old and nice to use. I tried to use her stuff against her, but it seems that her shoes and clothes are justified. I own three pair of shoes, that all get worn every week. Got my boots for working around here, my tennis shoes to wear to work and my dress shoes for Sunday. Bet she has better than thirty pair, don't know for sure cause I'm not allowed to touch them. Bet if I could have the money back off them shoes I could buy that new MS390 I have been eye balling, maybe even a 660.

+! good for you!!! :cheers: too bad you have to pay listing fees to tell her that. Use CL!! lol.

somepeople FORGET that MOST members here sell on Ebay, and MAY FORGET to look at usernames sometimes :monkey:

I've found compression to be SUPER high on these saws also. A low hr PM610 blew out the seal on my compression gauge when it hit 195+ (never finished reading....)

J

Last edited:
+! good for you!!! :cheers: too bad you have to pay listing fees to tell her that. Use CL!! lol.

somepeople FORGET that MOST members here sell on Ebay, and MAY FORGET to look at usernames sometimes :monkey:

I've found compression to be SUPER high on these saws also. A low hr PM610 blew out the seal on my compression gauge when it hit 195+ (never finished reading....)

J

Ebay has free listing going on until sometime in Jan, only cost me 75 cents for the pictures. I'll take a 75 cent hit to possibly save my saw. There is a VA GTG being planned for the spring and I really want that saw there for the Mac guys. I also bought a Eager Beaver 2.0 and a Mac 10-10 from the same man that is equally great condition, he still had the box for the 10-10. I also have a 610 that I just picked up but it is only pushing 180psi. I figure if someone wants the 650 at $250, they can have it. If not I will hide it real good so she does not sell it for pennies while I am at work one day.

Craigslist is a better place to buy saws for me. Unless you have a Stihl or Husqvarna, no one around here is interested. My pockets do not run "Stihl deep", in most cases.

Last edited:
Jonsered

http://york.craigslist.org/grd/2028262218.html

Chainsaw - $600 (Seven Valleys)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-10-27, 11:09AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonsered 2186 (same motor as the husq. 385).This is an 86cc.good running saw with 24 inch bar and chain.Cash Only 577-7708 leave message if no answer

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Ebay has free listing going on until sometime in Jan, only cost me 75 cents for the pictures. I'll take a 75 cent hit to possibly save my saw. If not I will hide it real good so she does not sell it for pennies while I am at work one day.

Craigslist is a better place to buy saws for me. Unless you have a Stihl or Husqvarna, no one around here is interested. My pockets do not run "Stihl deep", in most cases.

I forgot about that email from ebay!

Wow...is she really that cruel? There would be HELL to pay if my wife did that...for the most part, the hobby PAYS for itself...although I'm coming to a point where selling a saw become difficult, but yet more profitable (usually...as long as I STOP having the desire to fix EVERYTHING! (AKA: the homeowner CRAP!!!))

I agree with CL and the STihl-deep issue...although I do have a few as of late....

I just HATE ebay with a passion...not to mention the 15+% they take, and the support of 'buyer remorse, retaliation, and crime(parts swapping) plus the lack of 1st strike feedbak available to sellers is RIDICULOUS!

J

I hate eBay too sorta BUT it's still by far the best way to get good value for an obscure item. I used to mind the Paypal Only part until I realized it's the only way I want to pay for things on eBay anyway. Or you can "find" the value of an item that you don't know much about- you put it on there and if sleazoids begin asking you to end the auction early you know for sure not to do so because the price they offer is of course way lowball no matter how high it seems.

And chainsaws are just so easily shippable compared to more delicate and bulky things.

John H.

?????

http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/2062119679.html

Husqvarna Chainsaw 266XP - $600 (Franklin)

Date: 2010-11-15, 5:03PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Very little use, Looks and runs New. Has a Brand New 28" bar and chain, has cut down two trees. Firm on the price $600.00
NO E-MAILS, CALLS ONLY 207-266-0101

Thank you,
David

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Chainsaws For Sale (Winston Salem, NC)

Stihl ms 280 excellant cond. $300.00
Echo cs-3400 -12 inch bar $75.00
Husky 335 xpt climbing saw $125.00
Climbing belt size med. $100.00
Stihl 064 28" bar runs good- brake needs to be fixed $400.00
If interested please call 336-782-2324

That 064 for $400 a good deal?

*************chainsaws********** (fredericksburg)

http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/tls/2000557243.html

PAWNKING IN FREDERICKSBURG VA HAS LOTS OF CHAINSAWS FOR SALE OF ALL SIZES AND BRANDS POULAN STIHL HUSQVARNA FROM SMALL HOME OWNER TO BIG COMMERCIAL SIZE WEVE GOT IT AND AT GREAT DEALS

PLEASE CONTACT PAWNKING AT
4521A PLANK RD
FREDERICKSBURG VA 22407
540 785 7474
3kd3m93le5Y15O25W2aabc2c884c8b0cd137e.jpg

3k23m93l65Y55P15R6aabd712a10f23341e3c.jpg

Back