I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's a member here and is a good guy to deal with. Unfortunately for him, he's a nice guy who has been taken advantage of by people
over on the collector's site. His saws are always in better condition than described.

He is a terrific guy with some really nice machines. It is nice seeing my 166 again - a very nice saw for the prospective buyer.

This is only slightly off topic.

A few weeks ago, I did a Google search for a certain type of log splitter discussed here on A.S. I visited the site of a certain non-A.S. sponsor.

Now, almost EVERY site I visit, I get side and banner ads from this company. Even if they have nothing to do with wood, saws, etc. So much for Internet privacy and anonymity!

(Pretty aggressive vendor BTW. Especially when he advertises his discounts based on an MSRP that is $200 above the manufacturer's published MSRP!)

Philbert

"Trust Me"

Name Brand 18 in 42cc Gas Chain Saw Model 358341950 | eBay

attachment.php

TESTERS COMMENTS:

•The item or items in this lot have been tested only for what is noted in these testers comments. There may be functions that were not tested due to time constraints. Do not assume that all possible functions work as only what is mentioned below is what was tested.
HELLO, THIS IS DEREK IN TESTING AND TODAY I HAVE A LOT THAT CONSISTS OF (1) 18 INCH 42CC GAS CHAINSAW THAT HAS BEEN USE PRIOR AND COMES WITH NO DAMAGES AND INCLUDES A HARD CASE
THERE WAS NO TESTING DONE AT ALL EXCEPT TO MAKE SURE IT DOES HAVE COMPRESSION
IT SOUNDS AS THOUGH IT WANTS TO START, BUT AGAIN, WE DID NOT START THE ITEM
Compare at $210+ regular retail!

Good Luck!!!

So, the brand is 'a secret'; we won't let you see it; and we really did not test it . . . .

You better believe 'Good Luck!'

Philbert

did the 2100CD lose the manual oiler at some point? Handle seems odd to me too but I'm no expert on these.

Husqvarna 2100 1100 Chainsaw Powerhead Great Running Old Growth Legend | eBay

That is an 1100CD. First 99cc saw in the series. No manual oiler. Black plastic rear handle piece as used on the 380CD and a couple other saws. The ebay saw in question has a starter cover from a 2100CD swapped on.

Next came the 2100CD. One piece all mag rear handle/tank assembly. Manual oiler.

Then came the 298XP. NO manual oiler. Made for 1 or two years IIRC.

Finally came the 2101XP. Manual oiler once again.

Last edited:
A truly interesting chainsaw near Houston, should be of interest to the dedicated collector.

Vintage 1920's Chainsaw

********************************************************************************

Name Brand 18 in 42cc Gas Chain Saw Model 358341950 | eBay

attachment.php

So, the brand is 'a secret'; we won't let you see it; and we really did not test it . . . .

You better believe 'Good Luck!'

Philbert

No photos or detailed info is a good way to get an auction ignored. That brand, however, isn't a secret to those who recognize the model number as being a Craftsman that is a rebadged Poulan. The 358 prefix is the giveaway, although there was one non-Poulan model that for some reason was given a 358 prefix.

There seems to be an ebay trend regarding talking up old Poulans with movie/fantasy references. Lately, there has been a rash of listings where the seller has used "texas chainsaw massacre" to make their 306/245 series Poulans sound more exciting. Yes we know that a saw from this series was used in some of the old movies. So freakin' what? Some of us are NOT fans of gory slasher flicks. Just talk about the damn saw ya jackwagon....:censored:

At least this saw seller (who's a member here and a good guy) makes no mention of that nonsense. He just applied some of his skills on a common model to make it more interesting....and made a brief silly "zombie" reference. Not my bag, but kinda cool. He's also not talking it WAY up and listing it for stupid money like the "Gator" and "Black Max" McCinderblock seller....

Last edited:
There seems to be an ebay trend regarding talking up old Poulans with movie/fantasy references. Lately, there has been a rash of listings where the seller has used "texas chainsaw massacre" to make their 306/245 series Poulans sound more exciting. Yes we know that a saw from this series was used in some of the old movies. So freakin' what? Some of us are NOT fans of gory slasher flicks. Just talk about the damn saw ya jackwagon....:censored:

At least this saw seller (who's a member here and a good guy) makes no mention of that nonsense. He just applied some of his skills on a common model to make it more interesting....and made a brief silly "zombie" reference. Not my bag, but kinda cool. He's also not talking it WAY up and listing it for stupid money like the "Gator" and "Black Max" McCinderblock seller....

got no argument with none of that. been seriously thinking about painting my current project some day-glo or other creative color just to break out of the "normal" color scheme. would prolly get flamed for being creative but okay with that. anyone that know me knows i ain't normal. i also thought the saw was cool but was serious when i referenced loosing it.

got no argument with none of that. been seriously thinking about painting my current project some day-glo or other creative color just to break out of the "normal" color scheme. would prolly get flamed for being creative but okay with that. anyone that know me knows i ain't normal. i also thought the saw was cool but was serious when i referenced loosing it.

Thinking along thes line of the 'Fisher Price' color scheme?:msp_biggrin:

Back