I think I have early signs of CAD!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scootr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well , I found this site doing a search for 'A' chainsaw. I got a decent 40cc saw that is made by Ryobi. It cut enough wood to keep me warm this winter at 4800'. After reading on this site about good firewood saws, I bought an 028 Super on Ebay, from a member here. It is very clean, needs a piston and cylinder, on the way.

I was at a friends house for a brew or two , Look in the garage and see a MS290 sitting on the shelf! Whatcha gonna do with dat? He says he got it to cut down 3 small trees in the front yard, he is done with it. I say, I will build you a nice computer in exchange for that. He says , Hell ya, I need a new computer!
So I have an 028 Super, and a near new 290, along with the cheapy I bought.

I tell the girlfriend I have to go to the lawnmower shop to see if they have a base gasket for the P&C I have coming. The guy asks what I need, I say I need a base gasket for a 028 Super, he smiles at me, walks over to an orange case and opens it. A new looking 028 Super w/20" b/c, new chain, fuel line, filter and a new plug!

He says you can have this package for $140.00, I say $125.00. He says go pay the lady. I now have 4 chainsaws, and after cleaning up the case, I have a splitting wedge, grease gun for sprockets, sharpening file, and an extra Stihl chain!

My question is, is this how CAD begins, and can I stop the flow of chainsaws?
You guys did this, I hold you all responsible! I think I will keep the 028S, and sell the 290. I have a 25" ES bar looking for a saw!

P.S. Did a muff mod on that 028S, it screams. I think it cuts as fast as the 290, and it is 1 1/2 pounds less. And it just looks and feels so much better!

ha ha very good story! Something similar happened with me about 9 months ago... You got some great deals there, congrats, and welcome to CAD! USe the money you sell the 290 for to get the next size up, then just gkeep buying till you fill the cc range...

It starts...

So you know how it starts....of course it probably never stops until you do.

Mark

attachment.php

attachment.php

And that is only the yellow ones...

To answer your question, YES, this is how CAD begins..........there's no turning back.

yes that how it starts and you got it.

the flow will stop at some point but only God all Mighty can determine when. kind of like when will a drunk come out of their binge.

:givebeer:

Welcome to the club and enjoy those saws pard, just be careful
and stay away from heavy equipment, takes much longer to recoup
the expense, where did that classified go with the d6 dern it, out!

Well , I found this site doing a search for 'A' chainsaw. I got a decent 40cc saw that is made by Ryobi. It cut enough wood to keep me warm this winter at 4800'. After reading on this site about good firewood saws, I bought an 028 Super on Ebay, from a member here. It is very clean, needs a piston and cylinder, on the way.

I was at a friends house for a brew or two , Look in the garage and see a MS290 sitting on the shelf! Whatcha gonna do with dat? He says he got it to cut down 3 small trees in the front yard, he is done with it. I say, I will build you a nice computer in exchange for that. He says , Hell ya, I need a new computer!

I tell the girlfriend I have to go to the lawnmower shop to see if they have a base gasket for the P&C I have coming. The guy asks what I need, I say I need a base gasket for a 028 Super, he smiles at me, walks over to an orange case and opens it. A new looking 028 Super w/20" b/c, new chain, fuel line, filter and a new plug!

He says you can have this package for $140.00, I say $125.00. He says go pay the lady. I now have 4 chainsaws, and after cleaning up the case, I have a splitting wedge, grease gun for sprockets, sharpening file, and an extra Stihl chain!

You guys did this, I hold you all responsible! I think I will keep the 028S, and sell the 290. I have a 25" ES bar looking for a saw!

P.S. Did a muff mod on that 028S, it screams. I think it cuts as fast as the 290, and it is 1 1/2 pounds less. And it just looks and feels so much better!

Yup;on your way,only bigger and better and it won`t stop til you hit rock bottom--nah. LOL Pioneerguy600

The guy asks what I need, I say I need a base gasket for a 028 Super, he smiles at me, walks over to an orange case and opens it. A new looking 028 Super w/20" b/c, new chain, fuel line, filter and a new plug!

He says you can have this package for $140.00, I say $125.00. He says go pay the lady.

Why doesnt stuff like this ever happen to me?

See this is how it starts.

Sorry to tell you but their is no known cure for this disease. :(

It will only progress from here. sure it all seems innocent enough at first, you'll troll a few forums "looking for information" you'll say..........you'll tell yourself "I just need a bigger saw, that’s all....... no harm in it, I can quit any time I want".

Poor misguided soul.

Then one day you find yourself living out of your wood hauler, haven't had a shower in days, hanging out in front of your local dealer just waiting for somebody to walk up with a busted saw or a "trade in" just so you can try and get your hands on it before the dealer can snatch it out from under you. You'll start scrounging yard sales, flea markets, and trash dumpsters and in some of the worst cases..... Fleabay!! :cry: You'll collect parts (paraphernalia) for things you don't own, just hoping one day everything will come together and you' can get your fix, but it never comes. The bars and chains will haunt you in your sleep, not that you'll get much sleep cause you've spent all of your money on saw's and can no longer afford the fuel that used to make that "favorite" saw purr as you slept, The smell of high octane that used to bring you such joy is now a faded memory and you're running that E10 crap now just to get your fix.......... No CAD is not pretty my friend, quit now while you still have a chance....... donate your current "stash" to an AS brother and never mention this place again, it's for your own good.

I will contact brother Snelling and together we will pray for your soul.

:D

Last edited:

It will only progress from here. sure it all seems innocent enough at first, you'll troll a few forums "looking for information" you'll say..........you'll tell yourself "I just need a bigger saw, that’s all....... no harm in it, I can quit any time I want".

Poor misguided soul.

Then one day you find yourself living out of your wood hauler, haven't had a shower in days, hanging out in front of your local dealer just waiting for somebody to walk up with a busted saw or a "trade in" just so you can try and get your hands on it before the dealer can snatch it out from under you. You'll start scrounging yard sales, flea markets, and trash dumpsters and in some of the worst cases..... Fleabay!! :cry: You'll collect parts (paraphernalia) for things you don't own, just hoping one day everything will come together and you' can get your fix, but it never comes. The bars and chains will haunt you in your sleep, not that you'll get much sleep cause you've spent all of your money on saw's and can no longer afford the fuel that used to make that "favorite" saw purr as you slept, The smell of high octane that used to bring you such joy is now a faded memory and you're running that E10 crap now just to get your fix.......... No CAD is not pretty my friend, quit now while you still have a chance....... donate your current "stash" to an AS brother and never mention this place again, it's for your own good.

Ya +1. Me pray too.

Too Late!!!

Poor misguided soul.

It's too late. Like others have said this is not the beginning, you're at least in stage 2 to 3 of full-blown CAD. If you want help you've come to the WRONG place. I just found myself telling Evanrude, along with Erick, to buy a 660. I then had to confess feeling guilty for enabling, NO, ENCOURAGING, his addiction.

That's what you're going to get if you hang-out here. But you know what? It's too late. You've been bitten.

From a fellow CAD infested person - CONGRATULATIONS!!! LOL.

OH yeah, my family and I will pray too.

Hey Erick, you and Brad pray for me too, will ya?

:greenchainsaw: :clap: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :clap:

Last edited:
I don't have it I repeat I DO NOT have it you however do. I mearly bought 1 good saw that did everything I need and much like our cats the kneighbours saw came over and that's how the other 6 or 10 happened totaly not my doing.
Jon W

It's my story I can tell it how I want!

I don't have it I repeat I DO NOT have it you however do. I mearly bought 1 good saw that did everything I need and much like our cats the kneighbours saw came over and that's how the other 6 or 10 happened totaly not my doing.
Jon W

It's my story I can tell it how I want!

You need to change your screen name to Julius or Marc cause you my friend are the king of de,nile (denial).

Latest posts

Back