I thought this was worth a comment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sure have put a lot of work into that place....my Lord!
It looks great.....when you burn out that Daka...come and see me next time.

I work PT in a lowes plumbing dept. I have so many people who want to hook up a gas heater and need "adapters " to tie it in to a supply. I tell them that certain things cant be done and they say " cant I get something close ? I always ask if they have fire insurance ! before sending them to the gas company ! some people dont get it !

MD

I work PT in a lowes plumbing dept. I have so many people who want to hook up a gas heater and need "adapters " to tie it in to a supply. I tell them that certain things cant be done and they say " cant I get something close ? I always ask if they have fire insurance ! before sending them to the gas company ! some people dont get it !

MD

you oughtta send them here...LOL:deadhorse:

So this thread pops up..
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=126115

The link is a study which by the way does not mention OWB's or Wood furnaces....however it does talk about burning wood in fireplaces and stoves I'm thinking. From the study people seem uneducated about what is safe ,.

for example they state some reasons for home fires....

burning wood that has not been seasoned a full year..
chimneys or flues too large for the wood burning appliance..
metal chimneys that may have cooler-than-normal surface
temperatures or restricted air supplies...

The study also shows that people are out there cutting corners to save a few bucks....my question is why not invest in a real source of heat optimizing biomass?

Hey, Keith, you are only 464.63 miles(!) northwest of us. Would you be interested in adding a couple of fishermen to your calendar sometime this summer?

Shari & Hubby

Hey, Keith, you are only 464.63 miles(!) northwest of us. Would you be interested in adding a couple of fishermen to your calendar sometime this summer?

Shari & Hubby

Sure I would......I'll be coming to Wi.in about 8 weeks hunting steelhead on the Kewaunee and Browns on the big lake.
August is a great time for walleyes or if you want nice slabs I'll be tagging them as soon as our ice is gone....as a matter of fact we could beat up on slabs all day and then hit several dozen eyes come dark.
Go to my forum www.ckoutdoors.com....my server was crashed this a.m.
It should be up and running.Then go to open water topic area. You'll see many posts in and around August or September that reflect what we would do.
If ya want to come sooner that's ok too.

Back