I Tried The 575xp And The 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danp76

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys, I worked with a logger today, that is in my area. He has been logging for 57 years, what a bundle of knowledge!! I learned a lot talking and cutting with him. The 575 worked fine, didn't mind the weight so much, because I switched off with my 357. It's a 214 acre or so lot that is being thinned of trees 12 dbh and greater. A lot of fir and also hardwood. I also briefly tried a 7900, seems like great power for the weight, oil leak problems?

Hi guys, I worked with a logger today, that is in my area. He has been logging for 57 years, what a bundle of knowledge!! I learned a lot talking and cutting with him. The 575 worked fine, didn't mind the weight so much, because I switched off with my 357. It's a 214 acre or so lot that is being thinned of trees 12 dbh and greater. A lot of fir and also hardwood. I also briefly tried a 7900, seems like great power for the weight, oil leak problems?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww does that mean I get the fine pleasure of saying I TOLD YOU SO,hehehehe. Goes to prove you can listen and ponder but the best way to find out what you wanna know is do it yourself. Glad you like your new saw, cool beans to ya.

Oil leak problems, did you see any oil leaking out of his saw?? Ben had some oil issues with his 7900 a few years ago but far as I know there are no oil issues with all 7900's. How did the 575 fair with the 7900??

How old was this logger????

Hi Thall, yeah the 575 seems to have nice torque, more so than the 357, and I didn't miind the weight, because on the trees between 12-20 dbh I used the 357 and the 575 for bigger stuff. I also used the 575 after we used the skidder to move them into a pile,at the landing and I didn't have to carry it around the woods. The guy that I worked with is amazing very helpful and knew a ton!! He has been logging for 57yrs!! The 79000 I only used briefly but it seems nice for the weight.

The logger is in his 70's don't know exact age...He still runs the skidder and works from sun up to sun down....very amazing and knows his stuff!!

Hi Thall, yeah the 575 seems to have nice torque, more so than the 357, and I didn't miind the weight, because on the trees between 12-20 dbh I used the 357 and the 575 for bigger stuff. I also used the 575 after we used the skidder to move them into a pile,at the landing and I didn't have to carry it around the woods. The guy that I worked with is amazing very helpful and knew a ton!! He has been logging for 57yrs!! The 79000 I only used briefly but it seems nice for the weight.

Well good to hear. Any saw with 5 horse or more such as your new 575xp should handle most any tree you want to saw. I've read some bad reviews on the 575 but I've also read alot of good reviews too. Goes to show no one saw suits everyone no matter who makes it. Glad you find yours to be what you was expecting.

The guy your talking about must be up in his 70's and cool beans to him. Old timers have all the knowledge and are fun to be around. He's been logging 57 years,wow, he's probly sawed more then we ever will, good for him.

hello DanP I also liked the 575 xp I looked at 1 friday before I bought my 441 on monday,Id probably had got the 575 but I just got a better deal on my 441
but nothing at all wrong with the 575

hello DanP I also liked the 575 xp I looked at 1 friday before I bought my 441 on monday,Id probably had got the 575 but I just got a better deal on my 441
but nothing at all wrong with the 575

good thing you opted for the 441, i think your arms are to short to start the 575.:) :) :)

why is it tough for short people to operate the 575? I'm not short at all, but was just curious?...Yes, the logger is in his 70's and I'll tell you he's also in the Guinness books for wood cutting.. he's a bundle of knowledge and is a pleasure to watch with a saw in his hands...seems like the Jimmy Page of the saw world..hahaha

attachment.php

Thanks Ultra but id like a hair cut and a face makeover :givebeer:

why is it tough for short people to operate the 575? I'm not short at all, but was just curious?...Yes, the logger is in his 70's and I'll tell you he's also in the Guinness books for wood cutting.. he's a bundle of knowledge and is a pleasure to watch with a saw in his hands...seems like the Jimmy Page of the saw world..hahaha

Nice Zep reference!:rockn:

HUGE fan here.:rockn:

Hi Peacock, you sure can't beat Jimmy on the guitar, and Plant on vocals makes a nice combo...especially Plant in the early years...power of voice is absolutely amazing.....This guy with a saw was amazing to watch too, I gues if you have been doing something that long it's almost second nature...

Thanks Ultra yes it heled the hair :) Now if we could just work on the face:givebeer: wow would'nt a pic of some babe in a thong look good :clap:

So Danp What did this old guy logger think of your saws? Hope he had the chance to run'em?

Hi Dan ,

Whats the loggers name , Im sure I know him or have heard of him if he is from the area ? I grew up in Derry and am in Manchester now . I have been logging quite some time now , no 57yrs since Im only 25 but I have been in it 10 or so years now full time .

So you like the 575 ? Why not step up to a 385 , almost same weight and more power ? I have been thinking of getting a 7900 for myself , boss got me a 570 but I think it's a POS myself , so for now I'll run my modded 385 and 372 . All I cut is oversize timber our Timbco cant cut ..but lately been cutting alot .

So where is the lot you are working ? We are going to select cut 300 acres in Northwood NH this week..Lots and Lots of big pine :) Cant wait

Later Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back