I want a Tach, which one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncvarmint

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all, i have done a search and am still confused on which tach i want. I am debating between the,
tiny tach,
fast tach
works connection tach, or the
stihl wireless tach for $94
I just want to check the saws and trimmers tune every once in a while. What do you reccommend and why?
thanks
trevor

Hello all, i have done a search and am still confused on which tach i want. I am debating between the,
tiny tach,
fast tach
works connection tach, or the
stihl wireless tach for $94
I just want to check the saws and trimmers tune every once in a while. What do you reccommend and why?
thanks
trevor

It seems everyone likes the fast tach for tuning. I have 3 works tachs installed on my saws. I use a stihl tach at work and it works great. I guess what im trying to say is if your not planning on mounting it , the fast tach of Stihl tach would be great.

I got the EZ Tach. It works for the $ but the display update rate is a bit slow.

take your pick

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have the Fast Tach and it works very well. It uses a big silver lithium battery that lasts a long time.

The same company makes another with the same chip and display but you get a unpluggable wire connector and it uses a 9v battery.

Fast tach:blob5: I also have used a Andy Tach

Last edited:
Chainsaw Parts

They have the fast tach for under $100 and they have a good selection of other parts you may need. Shipping from them is the fastest i've seen from anyone!

with a 3 second refresh rate man that is slow

Hadn't really noticed it taking that long. Bailey's shop can use any tach they want and they've chosen this same tach for some reason. I'm sure they tune a lot of saws. That's what sold me on it, that, and the price.

Thanks guys,
I have narrowed it down to the stihl tach and the Fast tach, going to buy online or order at the dealer if i get the stilh. Also thinking about buy a works tach and mounting it on my ported ms460.
trevor

the one i have is a tiny tach II. works great and was only around 50 bucks. does not have a replaceable battery but i have heard of some guys getting almost 10 years out of it.

the ad said you needed to use the leads and it was not a "wireless" unit. But all i did was coil up the lead wire and i can just hold it over the air filter and it works great, just like wireless.

I have the Tech Tach, I like that it is a little bigger and I can use It wireless or wired. Edge and Engine also recommended it to me. and they were great to deal with. I like how this tach works.

I also have a bunch of Works connection tachs that I plan to mount up and leave on some stuff ( Havent used them yet so I can't say how they work.

I have the Fast-Tach and its ok I guess. That said mine is a PITA to reset the max RPM most of the time. Very inconsistant to hold the thumb in just the right postion and long enough to reset it.

If I had to buy another tach, I would try something else first.

Latest posts

Back