I wish I needed a fireplace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeVee

East Coast Champion
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I live in Floriduh, and don't use the Central heat at all. But I sure wish I had a small fireplace or stove.

I live on the beach (Playa Varano) and the block house and tile roof just make it kind of silly to put one in for a couple of assorted weeks a winter.

I dig lurking through the rooms here anyway.

I have a bunch of Oak Hammock land and in five years or so my wife and I will live in the Woodsmoke Lounge during the winter (off grid) and rent the furnished house on the beach to a Canadian whose tare will pay the property taxes on the house and the land.

I enjoy going to Rancho Varano each winter cutting up deadfall and blowndown, working on the cabin a little, and letting Pedro clean up in general.

This year I have been gifted a 27 ton splitter, but the reality is more like two days of cutting an splitting is four years of campfires. Red, Live and White Oak, Pignut Hickory, sweet gum. Its all the same.

I need to get a couple of chains from my BIL for my MS, but beyond that, I just needed the time to be able to get down there. HS Football Season just ended (3rd year in a row my sons team has lost in the state championship) so I'm close.

Latest posts

Back