I wish their were no chiggars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try permethrin. You can get it at academy or wherever. It's a synthetic form of a natural insecticide you spray onto your clothes. It's done wonders for me with chiggars, mosquitos, ticks, and so on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh you got timber rattlers I think and even eastern copperheads just no where near as many! I went catfishing one night and counted 127 cottonmouths swim by me in 3 hours lol its not as bad though as it sounds. It isn't the ones I see that worry me its the one you do not see that will get ya!
Yeah, one might just so happen on a rattlesnake or a cottonmouth if one so choses but one has to really ask for it. Its not like you wake up, throw a load of laundry in and find a nest under the washing machine. NO! This here is pennsyfukingvania.

Try permethrin. You can get it at academy or wherever. It's a synthetic form of a natural insecticide you spray onto your clothes. It's done wonders for me with chiggars, mosquitos, ticks, and so on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derived from the chrysanthemum.

Yeah, one might just so happen on a rattlesnake or a cottonmouth if one so choses but one has to really ask for it. Its not like you wake up, throw a load of laundry in and find a nest under the washing machine. NO! This here is pennsyfukingvania.
My first tree experience in 1982 was in houston and a corral snake fell on my shoulder when I cut a limb. Lucky for me it just slid off without attaching to my ear lobe. I also experienced a timber rattler in a tree but I saw it climb the tree so that tree was solo :p

We spray so much permethrin each spring for beetles and aphids, I'd like to think im permanently immune to being bitten...
Luckily we don't have chiggars here, but once in a while my wife talks about moving back to the south. I can't imagine working with the bugs, heat, and humidity again

Back