I wouldn't take a Husky 335 unless someone gave it to me........but!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
A good friend that I work for most of the time had 2 Husky 335's. I tried about a year and a half ago to get one of them running. It ran but the idle was erratic. So it sat since then. He asked me this past weekend if I wanted them, I said how much, he said just take them. I could resist digging into them when I got home. The 335 that I didn't work on showed the most promise. I did the normal: cleaned the saw up, cleaned the air filter and reset the mixture screws at the baseline. A little tweaking on the mixture screws while using it on a job today revealed a real good running saw. Lots of speed and torque. I used it on the whole tree. I ran 3 tanks of gas through it! The oiler even works! It is a shame that this saw wasn't quite perfected, it would have been a good rival to the 020T. Hopefully it will stay running. Time will tell. But for now........:D :D :D

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
I am no longer surprised when I hear about or see guys 'in the business' who can't even keep their saws running or sharp. I have no idea how they stay in business if they need to buy a new saw every time the old one needs a carb adjustment (or buy a new chain every time the old one gets dull).

I should have added that my buddy received these 335's the way that I got them. They were given to him also. He wasn't the original owner. He just never took the time to play with them. I guess he got tired of them taking up room on his work bench!

Hey if you don't want the other one I'll take it off your hands. In about seven more tanks of gas that one you got running will need to be tuned again, the low idle will need to be moved up just a touch. If you don't want to tune it I'll take em both off your hands.

Re: 335

Originally posted by geofore
Hey if you don't want the other one I'll take it off your hands. In about seven more tanks of gas that one you got running will need to be tuned again, the low idle will need to be moved up just a touch. If you don't want to tune it I'll take em both off your hands.

Just got done playing with the other 335 that I have. Did the same things to it that I did to the first one. This saw seems like it will run good too! I just have to try it out on the job. No way your prying these two out of my hands!:cool:

What's with the chincy sparkplug cover on the 335? One removal and the things fookalated. Guess the saw looks and runs cooler without it.
Is the 335 a real saw?
John

Hey, ya tree killin' bum....what would you know about a saw for a real rborist.......???

Actually, I think Husky designed the delicate cover to assist the "broken down Kanadienne alki advantaged loggers shock therapy group"

Nice shiny 357 in the front here----do you ever work....or just spit shine your saws every night?

IS it a real saw

This from the guy that posts a 13" bar on his 066. the 335 doesn't have horses the 066 has but for a light saw up in the trees, I like it warts and all. Anybody have some duct tape to put this cover back on? You're more into fallen trees from the ground and the 335 is not the best saw for that. To test the new 355 Cali I got it took 9 cuts to drop a 48" DBH cherry with a 14" bar, the guy said it would run. It gets a little hot keeping the bar buried that long, I can't imagine strapping on an 066 with a 13" bar to do a bit of pruning, with my weight and the weight of the 066 the limbs would probably snap. Got to be a blast though.

Back