I'd just like to say...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
That in my first few days here I have learned a lot. There's a lot in the archives to read through. I feel better about my 361 now, confident that with the muffler mod, a switch to non-safety chain, and a carb adjustment that it'll be a different animal. I also learned about cutting technique. Not to dig the dogs in, lean into it and bog it, but rather have a light touch and letting it cut at it's own pace at high RPM is the trick. Some of the pics that Fishhuntcutwood posted a few months back of him falling a tree were interesting and informative. I got some emails with great info on my saws too.

You guys have patiently answered questions that are probably in the archives waiting for the right search keywords. I did get smacked around a little in the Stihl Vs Husky thread, but that was one of "those" threads afterall... LOL

thanks,
Ian

Last edited:
Haywire Haywood said:
I did get smacked around a little in the Stihl Vs Husky thread, but that was one of "those" threads afterall... LOL

thanks,
Ian

The Husky vs Stihl thread is a little like WW1 trench warfare. Any advances by one side are quickly repelled, and certainly no one ever wins.

Hopefully you have also had time to read a few PPE threads.

asb151 said:
Hopefully you have also had time to read a few PPE threads.

I've not searched for PPE threads yet, but I have one of those hard hats with the wire screen face shield and hearing protection, Husky chaps, steel toe boots, and leather gloves that are on whenever I'm cutting. I've also gotten into the habit of engaging the chain brake whenever I walk with a running saw. Where my PPE lacks is upper torso. I'm usually in a t-shirt. In this heat, if I were to put on a protective jacket, I'd either need a large bore saline IV inserted somewhere to keep my fluids up or it would have to be a cool suit like race car drivers and astronauts wear. I do need to buy one for winter cutting tho.

Ian

about this site

I have to admit,I've been cutting for over 30 years,and I thought I knew it all.Well I was wrong.Like dear old Dad said,"the day you stop learning,you might as well die".My hat is off to you guys,that have answered my questions no mater how stupid,with patience,and detailed answers.Thanks again
Ed:laugh:

Haywire Haywood said:
That in my first few days here I have learned a lot. There's a lot in the archives to read through. I feel better about my 361 now, confident that with the muffler mod, a switch to non-safety chain, and a carb adjustment that it'll be a different animal. I also learned about cutting technique. Not to dig the dogs in, lean into it and bog it, but rather have a light touch and letting it cut at it's own pace at high RPM is the trick. Some of the pics that Fishhuntcutwood posted a few months back of him falling a tree were interesting and informative. I got some emails with great info on my saws too.

You guys have patiently answered questions that are probably in the archives waiting for the right search keywords. I did get smacked around a little in the Stihl Vs Husky thread, but that was one of "those" threads afterall... LOL

thanks,
Ian

This is a good site. plenty info to open your eyes.
Smokechaser II Gives you plenty of info on using wedges if you like to reed.
I've been playing with them latly while felling trees for firewood.
Husky Vs Sthil. Well it's kind of like sitting around Deer camp and telling tall tales

""Husqvarna is the world's largest producer of chainsaws, lawn mowers and other portable petrol-powered garden equipment such as trimmers and blowers,""

HAHAHA!!! THAT WAS A GOOD ONE!!

Back