ID this Stihl 'saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LondonNeil

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Can anybody ID this saw. Its from an incredibly bad ebay (uk) listing. description says '21 inch blade' :dumb:
s-l1600.jpg

I'm trying to remember a Stihl that had the "pull this knob" style choke.

Clutch cover doesn't look like it says Stihl.

Cylinder plastic doesn't have a place for the word Stihl.

If I didn't know better, I'd say it was a Poulan with an orange top cover.

But I've been wrong lots of times. Just ask my wife.

I'm trying to remember a Stihl that had the "pull this knob" style choke.

Clutch cover doesn't look like it says Stihl.

Cylinder plastic doesn't have a place for the word Stihl.

If I didn't know better, I'd say it was a Poulan with an orange top cover.

But I've been wrong lots of times. Just ask my wife.

I'd have to agree at least that it looks like a another brand that is stihl colored. The filter cover doesn't look like any I've seen either. Usually the knob is bigger with a slot for a flathead in the middle.

Maybe it's highly customized or like Jon I just haven't seen it before and I'm wrong [emoji51]

thanks gents. You've confirmed what my 'spidey sense' was saying....it is listed as a stihl saw but such a bad listing and although i don't know my stihl saws i couldn't find one with a pul choke and the 21" bar seemed wrong. I'm guessing its a poor chinese fake, and seller probably knows given the poor listing.

It looks identical to my newer Craftsman/PoulanPro, except for two things:

Color scheme, obviously; and the rear handle. The rear handle resembles some older Stihls, with the throttle hold open button.

They sold those as Steel, Stool and with other crap brand names. And then there were a bunch of MS440 flooding the market a couple of years ago...

Back