IDK, if can visit AS anymore, or go to the Stihl dealer,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maulhead

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
It has been nice visiting with some of you guys here on AS, but I dont think I should come here anymore, or go to the local stihl dealers! I dont seem to have any will power to just say no,,,

Today the 661c I bought outta of the tradin post, from Tnshaker got here, it's beautiful saw, thank you!

DSCN9580.JPG

I have a few longer bars on order, so I cant even use the 661 until next week. So after I get done messing myself all over the 661 I head out to the local dealer to get a few things. Bad idea, in hindsight!!

I get there and spot this o44 on a bench. I ask about it, they just got it on trade, they dont know anything about it, have not had the time to look it over. Said a local farmer bought it new for firewood, and just wanted a new saw, traded it in on a 362c.

I ask for a as is price, owner says he wants to go thew it and put it on the shelf for sale, OK I said, just shoot me a price as is, you dont have to pay your tech to go threw it, he shoots me a price, I ask can I pull the muffler cover and have a look see, he gives me a hard time, about wanting a as is price, then waiting to pull parts to look it over, but he ends up letting me pull the cover.

A little carbon build up on the piston, but no scoring. I smelled the gas, it didn't smell old. I ask do you mind if I try to start it, he again gives me hard time, 1st you want a as is price, then you wanna inspect it and take parts off, now you wanna start it, maybe the price should go up. He was kind of smiling. He said I had 3 pulls try to get it running. I set it on full choke, 2 pulls it pops, I flip the level to half choke, 1 more pull it fires up and I bump the throttle and she idles. My poker face is not very good,

I paid him the as is price and left. Thing is I think I am more wound up over the o44, in my back seat on the ride home from the dealer, then the 661 that is sitting in my living room. Here is a few pics of the o44,,,

DSCN9585.JPG

DSCN9587.JPG

DSCN9588.JPG

Me's just dont think it is a good idea to visit here anymore. I will end up with more saws,,,,;0

So... What does that make? Three? I think you're fine by AS/CAD standards. A year ago I had one saw. Now it's well over 20, and most of them are ported...

I know. :dumb:

Damn. didn't know you were that close to my # of port jobs. Im gonna have to go shopping to keep my lead.:laugh: Not! Im trying to put it on cruise control.

Damn. didn't know you were that close to my # of port jobs. Im gonna have to go shopping to keep my lead.:laugh: Not! Im trying to put it on cruise control.
I'm going to sell some saws real soon.... Now that I've started to figure out which ones I like best.

See you all in a few hours... I'm going to cut some wood!

Maulhead, did you happen to stop and buy a lotto ticket on your way home from slurping up that 044? If not , you should have. :cool:
Nice score and you suck!

So... What does that make? Three? I think you're fine by AS/CAD standards. A year ago I had one saw. Now it's well over 20, and most of them are ported...

I know. :dumb:

I have a couple more then three, but no where near 20, not even half way to 20. I also only had one saw a year ago at this time :) and was satisfied for the most part :) I only have two ported saws.. right now.

I did manage to sell 4 of the saws, I bought that,,, I thought I needed in the last few months, So that's not bad,,

Back