If I can get my Dads 10/10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
If I can get my Dads 10/10, what to expect?

Carb kit and rubber lines.
Will the fuel tank paint be peeled?
At 15lb can it get ported to offset its tonnage?

This was a popular saw, fixes seem about right. Porting ask Mastermind or blsnelling or some of the mcculloch gurus on this site. Someone on here will steer you in the right direction.

SEMPER FI DO OR DIE never forget 10 November 1775

MCCES MCAGCC 29 Palms.
Nothing high and mighty but we had your 6 w/ air-air and air-ground
I was trained to carry an o-scope in one hand and an M-16 in the other.

Wish I could help you more, but I think I gave you good contacts that can steer you in the right direction.

IMO forget about the porting bug on a 10-10. Enjoy it for what it is, especially if it has sentimental value. I think everyone should have a 10-10. Although they don't bring much money, they are good old vintage saws. There are tons of parts available and they actually perform fairly well for their age (sound cool too). Mine makes me smile, and I'll always have it.
The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

DSC07536_zpscbfb7988.jpg

I'd try to run it first. I started my 1-10 today which is quite similar to your saw. The interesting part is that this saw has languished in the garage since 1992...... last time it was actually run. I poured the remainder of the thick tank mix out last fall.
Fresh mix in the tank and it fired up after about 15 pulls.
One forgets how loud these old saws are!
YRMV of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back