If you could have any saw NIB?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a factory Frankensaw. It must have had a CP block in it.

I bought that 125C from the grandson of the guy that bought it new around 1976. It sat in a closet till 2008 when he died along with a 36" Windsor which I still have.

Due to forest restrictions the dealer swaped on the approved spark arrestor at time of sale. It is a real C

I was thinking the same thing with that round muffler.
Then you have the chain brake clutch cover with out
all the brake parts.

Lee

I believe it was Jacob that once said even when the brakes came out the cutters would pull the handles off to make em lighter.

Hard to teach old dogs new tricks. :hmm3grin2orange:

I believe it was Jacob that once said even when the brakes came out the cutters would pull the handles off to make em lighter.

pulling the chain brakes off was still standard issue in the late 70s early 80s when i strated cutting.
the first saw i left it on was a Partner 7000, it looked like more work than it was worth to take it off

A new 750 isn't a problem (no box though)....

P1000854_zps9485f4b1.jpg

Picking a single NIB saw to dream about is dern near impossible. One of the first edition 650s with the adjustable oiler would be nice. A new 3100 or 995G would be sweet too. A NIB Pioneer 750 or 850 wouldn't get thrown out of the house either.

Dan

Nice one Dan. So later 650's don't have adjustable AO pumps? Interesting. Do all 750's have adjustable pumps? The saws I've worked on, ran, and examined all did. I've only seen one 650 in person, and it was crunched and sitting on a shelf.

A lot of them!

If I could have any saw NIB, I would want 7 to be practical!
-Clinton Bobcat
-Mall 0MG
-Remington Super 75
-Pioneer NU17
-Strunk SpeeDemon
-a red/black Homelite 150
-Sears D44-gotta have an original "Mr. Poppet"!!!!
That's just to name a few! Better throw in a few of those Remington SL's and PL's for the hubby too! :) I have a problem...I want them all!!!!!!!
-Michelle

Nice one Dan. So later 650's don't have adjustable AO pumps? Interesting. Do all 750's have adjustable pumps? The saws I've worked on, ran, and examined all did. I've only seen one 650 in person, and it was crunched and sitting on a shelf.

The first ones had a knob on top of the oil tank similar in concept to the very first 150s that ya turned to adjust the oil flow. These first 650s also didn't have the manual oiler. Bryce was selling some tanks a year or so ago that looked like they had the hole in top... wish I'd got one. If ya check out the 650 IPLs you'll see there's two for "plain" 650s and a third for the Super 650.

Dan

I bought that 125C from the grandson of the guy that bought it new around 1976. It sat in a closet till 2008 when he died along with a 36" Windsor which I still have.

Due to forest restrictions the dealer swaped on the approved spark arrestor at time of sale. It is a real C

Hmm, well Mac never made the round muffler for the SP blocks as far as I know, or at least I've never seen one (which doesn't mean anything.)

A spanking new 084 , the model with the 1 piece air filter cover. Can't have enuff of them!:hmm3grin2orange:

A spanking new 084 , the model with the 1 piece air filter cover. Can't have enuff of them!:hmm3grin2orange:

Something like this one. :hmm3grin2orange:
Although not new in the box. This saw
has got to be the next best thing.
I doubt it has made more than 3 cuts. It's
that clean.

Lee

Homelite1050Stihl084004.jpg

Homelite1050Stihl084005.jpg

Homelite1050Stihl084006.jpg

Homelite1050Stihl084007.jpg

Homelite1050Stihl084008.jpg

The first ones had a knob on top of the oil tank similar in concept to the very first 150s that ya turned to adjust the oil flow. These first 650s also didn't have the manual oiler. Bryce was selling some tanks a year or so ago that looked like they had the hole in top... wish I'd got one. If ya check out the 650 IPLs you'll see there's two for "plain" 650s and a third for the Super 650.

Dan

Ah I see. Adjustable "on the fly" like some of the old Echos. The saws I'm familiar with have the adjustment screw on the oil pump accessible from the front of the saw.

Latest posts

Back