If you could only have one saw to use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because of the eBay parts source probably anything that's mid size made by Mac or Homelite that they produced for over 20 or so years.

For my needs a ported 50cc saw would be fine. As much as I like cutting with a Dolmar 7900, I wouldn't want to have to use it exclusively. At least not at my age and for firewood only. The are lots of Dolmar 109, 110, 111, 540 and Makita equivalents on eBay and they usually go cheap and often part by part. The closed port 115 cylinder with a little porting is one of my favorite saws to use. I grab it more often then the 5100s. I've got 2 and enough to set up a third already. That alone would last me a long time.

Husqy 365 special or redmax g5000 because of the amount of aftermarket ebay parts.

346 is a great saw. I had a Dan Henry 346 for a while and sold it to a local tree service guy. He used Stihl but bragged up that 346 every chance he got. Too bad the 346s go for so dang much. They pull more for a good used saw now then they did new.

461 is a good one.

Wish an mtronic/spring av variant in the 70-75cc range would come out. Otherwise my 461 is about perfect.

Mine are too.

I wish I had the chance to ask the Thieving Bastard that emptied the box #3 was in how he liked it.

#USPS sucks

Keep in mind guys you have only ebay as a parts source to keep your choice of saw going. Maybe i should have gone with a Homie xl12 boatload of parts out there.
You need to familiarize yourself with Huztl.net, Alibaba, Arbortec, Aliexpress, Amazon........ I understand the hypothetical question focuses on Ebay and I assume that is because of the great buyer protection they provide. I was a bit hesitant to place $$$.00 down on a Chinese order but the fella's experiences here on AS and over on FF put me at ease.

No I do not need to familiarize myself with those places. Yes there a million other places to get parts but for my purposes I limited the choice to just one Ebay.

Parts are cheaper then any stihl or Husky
Cheapest Dolmar CP I could find was right at $100 vs $20-$25 on the H and S's. Send me your source for Dolmar and I'll add it to my bookmarks.
No I do not need to familiarize myself with those places. Yes there a million other places to get parts but for my purposes I limited the choice to just one Ebay.
Well I was kinda poking around to see why...original question was conversation purposes only or steer away from all but ebay for a reason?

Just proposed a hypothetical situation and wanted to see what peoples choices would be. No hidden motives just a question. Don't over think stuff.

since ebay is the only source or parts --china repo 372 or ms440-- gazillions of flea parts for those-- and even the china clones seem to be good runners --

Back