If You Could Only Have One Chainsaw Forever...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sentimental: the 670 Champ I sold on Ebay, was my first introduction to pro saws and got me hooked. I regret selling it.

For practicality: the 261CM I currently own, best of all worlds.

The one saw plan is a tough one, but for me the saw would need to be a compact, in the 60cc +/- displacement, readily available parts, easy to service yourself.
Computer adjusted saws, while nice would fail the easy to service yourself, as would clamshell saws.
Readily available parts would put Stihl and Husqvarna saw in the top tier, but their are many others that have adequate parts availability.
I like my Husky 365 Special, but it's about the same size and weight as a 372 and not meet my compactness criterion.
Of the saws I own, my pools is down to a Husky 357XP, Stihl 036, and a Stihl 361.
I like the spring AV of the 357 and the 361, but the 036 is as compact as the 357 and has a better bottom end.
I guess any of the three.

I know it is small but, my Stihl MS261 has been nothing short of awesome

What were the differences between the Australian 066/660 and the American version? Less emissions restrictions?
They were a totally different machine. The US 660 was a dog. The Australian was a beast - one of the most loved stihl saws out here by chainsaw lovers. I’ll let someone with more knowledge on the differences chime in, I believe port timing was different and the aussi had dual port exhaust, high output oiler probably a different carby. We weren’t limited by californias crap.
Believe they had a 'triple exhaust' port muffler... Usual setup had a .404,

OEM Stihl 382 (with extra felt oem filters and yellow 18" and yellow 24" bars).. Love this guy.

Latest posts

Back