If you get short on...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Logs place a statement in c'list as I have. If you have a large tree down on your property I may help you out. I operate a chainsaw mill and will remove the log piece by piece at no cost to you.IMG_20160920_092524.jpg IMG_20160929_112222.jpg this is the nature of the ad I posted. Two responses in a week. First is a hundred miles away, a30" thick 4' x 5' burl:rock: which has been in the garage for three years or so. We are working out an agreement that I will have printed and signed before setting up my mill. I am seeking to split the slabs which result from my milling; he picks 1st, 3rd, 5th and so on, or I'll try to catch up with a member of another forum who is not far from the town I will be visiting.
The second is a man who wants to view my inventory to see if what I have may be of interest.
If I had a rig to carry 7 tons of oak logs they wood be loaded by the tree service dropping them. Also c'list
Just sharing something a bit different

I get probably 6-7 calls a week with people wanting me to buy their yard trees. Some are down, usually in a yard "can't make ruts", or standing tree... you can have it you drop it... yeah... $1000 job to drop for $40 of wood?! haha.

The name of the game is to move wood with as little labor and cost involved. Taking a full day (12-14hrs) to haul out even 8-9 cords from a yard is cost prohibitive in nearly all cases. Can move 40-50 cords of logs in that same time with the logs in my own decks.

BUT if anyone wants to deal with stuff like that, let me know, I'll pass on your number. More power to you!

I’d change the ‘no cost’ to ‘minimal cost’ in the add text.

[emoji848]

Just sayin’.
I'm seeking timbers for timber framing, 5 x 5 is minimum size. The milling is a hobby that started with a HF version of a beam maker I think is the name. For this brain damaged retiree it's about keeping some interest and mental excercise in the living that is left for me. I'm not at the beck and call except as I choose. Yard waste dump of Farmington has been the source of most of the slabs I have. Not always the best choices for what I wood prefer.
Some one emails with a log it is my option to work with them or pass it on to a fire wood scrounger who wood also want the materials.

Latest posts

Back