IL, IN, MI, WI, gtg...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wendell
Unfortunately, I've got everything cut up so I haven't got to run it this week. Ed did run it after you had worked on it and it did start fine. Just got a lot of splitting and stacking to do.

Thanks again for your help.

Actually got a surprise load of elm dropped off in my driveway this morning so did get to run it tonight after work. It is still a touch finicky when you try to restart it in the 5-15 minute range but better than it was and I am learning how to be a little more creative with the choke.

But, tank number 6 was even better than it was at the GTG and then tank number 7 was OMG, this is %*&#*% amazing. I noodled up some 36" trunk pieces faster than I thought was possible. I love this saw!!

Andyshine77
Good to hear, give the low 1/8 - 1/4 of a turn out, it may now be a bit lean. What fuel are you running? high test is best with a high compression saw like that. The heat can also make saws a bit more finicky, especially with summer mix fuel.:cheers:

Last edited:
headleyj

headleyj

ArboristSite Guru
finally got pics of the cedar....we went to NC on vaca and we lost the recharger plug-in - I dug for it this morning, found it and charged it just enough to snap a few pics. THis is with 2 coats of Enviro-Tek (sp?) Lite pour-on coating.

THis is the first time I've done it and it turned out decent I'd say. It's nothing like aggiebutchers work though. Keep in mind this is the exact piece I milled, not sanded, not planed....just wiped off. It had a bit of a corkscrew to it (rookie miller :) ) so the coating ran down the edges a touch - it'll need sanded, but will definetly be a conversation piece/ nice bench when I'm done I think.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts