I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody wants to play because your steal... I mean deal puts everybody else to shame. :msp_biggrin:
$250.oo?? I was correct the first time, that ain't a deal, it's a steal.

But mine was free!
228355d1331493836-nf4-jpg

Nobody wants to play because your steal... I mean deal puts everybody else to shame. :msp_biggrin:
$250.oo?? I was correct the first time, that ain't a deal, it's a steal.

But mine was free!
228355d1331493836-nf4-jpg

Yeah, I thought maybe that was part of it, I hadn't planned on revealing that information. It was a steal for sure but both parties left the table happy, so win/win! :msp_biggrin: I honestly started this thread to see other peoples set ups and some of ya'lls new wood gobblers, not to brag about my deal. I mean, heck even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while! But hey, you did get the better deal here, FREE, SHEESH! Plus, you win with the higher "cool" factor, engineering and building the first "stovace" and, it sounds like it's working well! Impressive...:rock:

I've got a cheapo Vogelzang Norseman that heats my 3600sqft house. Not ductwork in the house so the furnace blows hot air into the basement and convection does its thing from there. Basement stays too warm, first floor is ~80 and the second floor is low 70s when it's 10 degrees outside. Does a great job, I must say. But it sure eats wood, a lot of it. I have to pack the firebox once every 5hrs or so, so we constantly come home to a cold house when my wife and I are at work.

But all that's going to change here in the next few weeks. Currently awaiting the bank to cut me a check so I can pickup a Central Boiler 6048 and all the goodies including two 100k BTU heat exchanger air handlers and a domestic hot water heat exchanger. Going to have the basement/first floor on one air handler and the second floor on another.

Can't wait to get it installed and going. Still have the Norseman installed as a backup until everything is up and going with the OWB.

I've got a cheapo Vogelzang Norseman that heats my 3600sqft house. Not ductwork in the house so the furnace blows hot air into the basement and convection does its thing from there. Basement stays too warm, first floor is ~80 and the second floor is low 70s when it's 10 degrees outside. Does a great job, I must say. But it sure eats wood, a lot of it. I have to pack the firebox once every 5hrs or so, so we constantly come home to a cold house when my wife and I are at work.

But all that's going to change here in the next few weeks. Currently awaiting the bank to cut me a check so I can pickup a Central Boiler 6048 and all the goodies including two 100k BTU heat exchanger air handlers and a domestic hot water heat exchanger. Going to have the basement/first floor on one air handler and the second floor on another.

Can't wait to get it installed and going. Still have the Norseman installed as a backup until everything is up and going with the OWB.

Wow, Vogelzang Norseman heating that many sq. ft. and keeping it 70-80 deg.?! Must have decent insulation and be running the bag off that poor thing! I'm impressed. The CB 6048 and the Vogelzang for backup should make a pretty sweet set up! You gotta keep us in pics when you get that bad boy in, hear?! Two 100k btu units sounds like a lot for 3600 sq ft., maybe I'm wrong. Do you have a fossil fuel furnace too?

This is what came with the house. We keep saying 'next year' we're going to replace it with one we like better (not white) but we keep on burning the 'ugly' one.....it might be growing on us.

stove.jpg

This is what came with the house. We keep saying 'next year' we're going to replace it with one we like better (not white) but we keep on burning the 'ugly' one.....it might be growing on us.

stove.jpg

I see you're in west Texas. I never thought about Texans needing much heat until we visited friends in San Antonio back in March. They had a monster pile of wood out back (a lot of mesquite). I says whatcha gonna do with that? He says we burn a lot in the winter, can get cold here. Huh! Then he had me help him throw a monster log in the fireplace, it burned all night. It's kinda funny how things that come with the house that are on the "replace as soon as we can afford it" list seem to hang around long enough to begin to grow on you. Been there, done that, still have a few of them around after 14 yrs. in this house. :msp_tongue:

Gonna build a cabin out in the woods and put in a 20 ton masonry heater.

For now I just have the old fire dragon out in the shed:blob2:
attachment.php

Gonna build a cabin out in the woods and put in a 20 ton masonry heater.

For now I just have the old fire dragon out in the shed:blob2:
257897d1350572381-dsc02066-jpg

When you get that cabin and 20 ton heater done, gotta post pics for us, and I'll shoot ya some rep for heaviest heater! Are the oak leaves on the front of your old fire dragon a symbol of it's favorite food? :D

Last edited:
I see you're in west Texas. I never thought about Texans needing much heat until we visited friends in San Antonio back in March. They had a monster pile of wood out back (a lot of mesquite). I says whatcha gonna do with that? He says we burn a lot in the winter, can get cold here. Huh! Then he had me help him throw a monster log in the fireplace, it burned all night. It's kinda funny how things that come with the house that are on the "replace as soon as we can afford it" list seem to hang around long enough to begin to grow on you. Been there, done that, still have a few of them around after 14 yrs. in this house. :msp_tongue:

Ya, depends where you are in Texas. I grew up in Dallas and it can certainly get cold there. Of course it's not cold like folks up north have but plenty cold to need heat. I lived in Houston for 15 years and that was a different story. Not uncommon to run the a/c in December or January. BTW, I'm in West, TX not west Texas. :) West, Tx is actually in central Texas. Confusing as hell when you tell people where you live. And I'm outside of West or as I like to tell people, I live just west of West. :laugh:

Wow, Vogelzang Norseman heating that many sq. ft. and keeping it 70-80 deg.?! Must have decent insulation and be running the bag off that poor thing! I'm impressed. The CB 6048 and the Vogelzang for backup should make a pretty sweet set up! You gotta keep us in pics when you get that bad boy in, hear?! Two 100k btu units sounds like a lot for 3600 sq ft., maybe I'm wrong. Do you have a fossil fuel furnace too?

Yessir, we keep it running full bore and let convection do the work. I've got a pic somewhere of my digital thermometer showing 82 in the living room on the first floor and 2 degrees outside. That was even with a very drafty back patio door that I recently replaced.

I'm extremely impressed with it, but having a well insulated house built in 1997 sure helps out as well. No fossil fuel furnace either. It was all electric baseboard heat until I moved in and starting ripping it out. I was not going to pay any more $500+ electric bills in the winter.

I realize twin 100k btu exchanger air handlers is a good amount, but I tend to overdo things. Eventually I'm going to put up at shop that ill heat with it too so I'm going with the 6048 vs the 5036. I'll make sure to start an installation thread with pics when I install my 6048. :)

I'm sitting at the bank now waiting on word for a loan.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back