I'm fustrated....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw was lost after you shipped it back to the owner, right? Was there no receipt for that? Payment record? Anything?

I do a lot of saws for trade. I don't even remember the exact deal Preston and I had. Thing is the USPS wanted proof of the saws value. I send them details about the saw and even had a member that is a lawyer write them a letter on their letterhead stating the saws value.

I was not going to make a bogus receipt.......I would rather have the claim denied than to have to make a fake receipt.

I insured the parcel for x amount......they lost it. Why would I need any proof of anything?

They did my brother exactly the same way.

I hear what you're saying, but going into the PO doesn't work for me. Either their online service are reliable, or it's no good for me. My main beef with USPS is their useless "tracking", because you can't track anything with it. They are decades behind in their technology.

I can track all my packages with USPS. Ya just got to do what works for you!

If I lived in a more populated area and had to stand in line at the PO. I would not use them!

Here's an interesting FedEx story from a few years back. We sent a package of sample product to our sales office in Hong Kong. The plane went down in the Pacific somewhere between Anchorage and HK. . . . About 6 months later, the FedEx guy delivered an obviously water damaged package that reaked... it was our lost sample recovered from the crash!

Didn't I see this in a Tom Hanks movie? Are you that hot hippie chick?

(Philbert)

I do a lot of saws for trade. I don't even remember the exact deal Preston and I had. Thing is the USPS wanted proof of the saws value. I send them details about the saw and even had a member that is a lawyer write them a letter on their letterhead stating the saws value.

I was not going to make a bogus receipt.......I would rather have the claim denied than to have to make a fake receipt.

I insured the parcel for x amount......they lost it. Why would I need any proof of anything?

Bingo! That is the problem in a nut shell. And also the main reason I do not or will not use their insurance. It makes absolutely No Sense at all !!!

Bingo! That is the problem in a nut shell. And also the main reason I do not or will not use their insurance. It makes absolutely No Sense at all !!!

Tell us about this insurance you mentioned earlier. How does that work? That might be the best lesson to learn from all of this. FedEx told me that you're not even buying insurance from them. You're basically just declaring the value of the item, should they decide that they might owe you something. Of course, they said they didn't:(

If the Mastermind writes a receipt of the value of a saw he just built why would it be bogus or fake?

You're in business, have some official Mastermind receipts printed...

Dang bubba, you need to give yourself a little more credit! ;)

Last edited:
Tell us about this insurance you mentioned earlier. How does that work? That might be the best lesson to learn from all of this. FedEx told me that you're not even buying insurance from them. You're basically just declaring the value of the item, should they decide that they might owe you something. Of course, they said they didn't:(

Yes, I remember FedEx not offering insurance, then changed to using an outside source or something.

I use Collectibles Insurance - Protecting Books, Stamps, Antiques and other Rare and Vintage collections in Baltimore, Maryland for my business. They insure collectables, not sure they would do chainsaws, but I don't see why not. If they wont do it, I'm sure there is a company out there that will. You can buy as much coverage as you want. I got 10k worth for around $300 per year. I think with saws you wouldn't need anywhere near that much. If I were to insure every package I ship, I'd be spending 3-4 times that much and getting $itty coverage. I have also heard first hand of this company paying a claim in less than 30 days.

It looks to me like their product is for insuring personal property. I don't see how that works for shipping insurance of other people's property.

It might not work for this.

I make knives (not cheap knives) and my product is covered everywhere, in the truck, in the shop, at knife shows, in the mail, etc..

Might not matter if it's not your saw, if it's in your possession for your work? I would think a type of insurance a gunsmith would have would work?

Last edited:
It looks to me like their product is for insuring personal property. I don't see how that works for shipping insurance of other people's property.

Just remembered. I know a professional custom knife photographer that uses this same insurance for the knives he shoots. Works for him and he doesn't own the knives.

So just let us know what you want us to do, if a bunch of us report the auction to ebay they will be more likely to act.

Surly he has seen the sticker on the saw and looked that up on google and found you and maybe this thread.

Insurance

How are saw shops insured? Do they have any coverage against against theft if someone broke into their shop?

And could/would that insurance extend until the saw is returned to the owner?

Back