I'm looking for work in southern BC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since this thread i met a guy falling with an enform ticket. he is allowed to fall unsupervised and doesn't get the rate of a certified faller here but he is allowed to work. that council pisses me off something fierce. when i wanted to do the enform route they basicly told me it was not possible anymore (jamie and i actually had a discussion about it when i was trying for that route). now it sounds like that was sorted out as i was doing my course lol would have been alot cheaper. the guy i met says it's just harder to get work cause alot of guys don't look at that ticket the same. that link redneck posted has also not been changed in forever, it still reads exactly the same as when i talked to the council about the enform route.

So your saying id need to spent time falling on the coast no matter what. And the enform cert is somewhat meaningless?

you can fall anywhere in BC and get certified but when you come to the coast you will be nothing more then a trainee. whole different game out here. there are alot of fallers come from the interior and need to be trained even if they have been falling for years. i was talking a QST who did a month up north BC interior ans he said he was auditing stumps not much bigger the saplings lol

I don't doudt what your saying man I've heard so much mixed crap lately on it. I decided to look it up n this is what wcbc says. http://www2.worksafebc.com/topics/certificationtraining/Certification.asp?ReportID=35474
??Not at all, if you don't want to try on the coast then that's good. I was just putting it into perspective for Shane. I said it's as valid as a BC Fallers Ticket in every way. BCFSC can't change that withoutunvalidating every Faller under them too. Theysold Enform the rights to their designed course.
BCFSC didn't like Enforms gatekeepers so they said any newly certs can not challenge a 'BC Fallers' under a two year time frame & "X amout of days work" of Valid and provable experience.
That's all they can do.
It's the name onthe Jersey that counts.

*Edit/ repost
Srry man I missed your quote and originally wrote
"?? Not all" by mistake. It now says "??not at all"
I can see that being contradicting.

Westway Logging has year round long term work they say.
They are looking for buckers and a pile of Fallers for there opperations right now in operations between Salmon arm & Revelstoke. 5 & 2 shifts year round.
If you fully break In that country
then you can work the coast by comparetaple experience. Not your typical Interior Falling..lol

Latest posts

Back