Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bring the wife if she's hot... ;)
she's Hot to me always was always will be but some may not think so but .
she loves to run the weed eater.
she loves her quad cab Hemi 4x4 truck.
she loves her own chain saw.
she COOKS and can's and sews.
she stacks ALL the firewood.
she loads the trucks when were cuttn' firewood.
she can haul a trailer load of wood home all by herself.
she is a tough ole' broad
oh and she is the mother of our angel....:D

and i would recomend NOT pissing her off ;)

unfortuantly she has a hernia and we don't know yet when surgery is, sometime in OCT. .:( so i don't know for sure i can get down there. but i know she wont be hauling any wood for a while.:(

I just checked and it look like Google map says 14miles, but there looks like too many turns to me so I shall take a more direct route.
18 miles not bad, not complaining, are there REALLY going to be a bunch of guys from Michigan? WOW!

frontwalk.jpg

Last edited:
she's Hot to me always was always will be but some may not think so but .
she loves to run the weed eater.
she loves her quad cab Hemi 4x4 truck.
she loves her own chain saw.
she COOKS and can's and sews.
she stacks ALL the firewood.
she loads the trucks when were cuttn' firewood.
she can haul a trailer load of wood home all by herself.
she is a tough ole' broad
oh and she is the mother of our angel....:D

and i would recomend NOT pissing her off ;)

unfortuantly she has a hernia and we don't know yet when surgery is, sometime in OCT. .:( so i don't know for sure i can get down there. but i know she wont be hauling any wood for a while.:(

I just checked and it look like Google map says 14miles, but there looks like too many turns to me so I shall take a more direct route.
18 miles not bad, not complaining, are there REALLY going to be a bunch of guys from Michigan? WOW!

frontwalk.jpg

From the pic, we can assume where the hernia came from...........

Tell her, good luck and prayers on the surgery....Tell her to slow down a tad.

Brad, bring an insulated cup for the root tea... it's fantastic... Oh and a couple saws too, to play with between cups of tea.

Ian

Update

We are still having the GTG. But I have a friend that could use some firewood. The same widow lady that we took some to the first GTG I had.
If the guys attending do not mind I would like to cut her up a couple of truck loads at least and deliver to her. I will pull some tops up to the cutting area I will provide a couple of woodsplitters. We can do all of our playing and the ones interested after the saw timed cuts can load up a few loads of wood and we will deliver them to her. About a 20 minute drive down to her house.At this time she is not aware of the happenings so it will be a surprise for her.,
The last time we delivered wood to her there was not a dry eyed man on site.This woman is truly appreciative of our givings. I will provide the wood and 2 trucks.
If you do not wish to help out that is fine,I understand.You are still more than welcome to come and cut a cookie or ten. Thanks, Eric Enk

Ian

Brad, bring an insulated cup for the root tea... it's fantastic... Oh and a couple saws too, to play with between cups of tea.
Don't encourage Brad to bring a few saws. Apparently you weren't at the last GTG he attended. If he brings anymore he will have to rent a box truck!

Don't encourage Brad to bring a few saws. Apparently you weren't at the last GTG he attended. If he brings anymore he will have to rent a box truck!

It's really pathetic how many he brought in December. That starts to take all the fun out of it and make work of it. I'll try to talk him into bringing fewer this time:greenchainsaw: :clap:

It was 9 saws, 28 bars, and you took some of them home Brad.

Would you like to cut wood with that old David Bradley next month? Or how about the Zip I just got? I better get busy on it. I just got the recoil parts from Bryce today. BTW, I gave away those little Mighty Mite Bantams and only added the David Bradley from you. I actually went home with fewer than I brought.

Last edited:
We are still having the GTG. But I have a friend that could use some firewood.

This is good news... I'd rather cut firewood than cookies any day. Sitting around watching folk cut cookies gets boring after the first few dozen hit the ground. I think last year someone tagged me with the title "precision firewood cutter" cause I used my bar to measure each piece... LOL

I'm in with my truck. Short bed F150.

Ian

Edit... anyone got one of those funky paint markers that Bailey's sells? You roll it down the log and it marks it every so often depending on the wheel you have installed on it.

Last edited:
Back