Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was getting stuff together and figured I should mix more fuel..... Got out the 1 gal jug poured in 3oz oil and poured in a half gallon of fuel. :censored:

Can was empty, I was gonna swing by the gas station in the morning and top it off with a 1/2 gallon of 93 unleaded but if you have a half gallon of straight 100LL you could throw in the truck I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Well it's after 11 and I'm still up. I didn't get home this evening until about 8. All the saws are fueled and ready to go. Started all the saws since I had one that didn't want to run when I got there in the Spring. TechAlG's meeting me here at 6:30 and we should be there about 9. See you then.

Ian...what can I say? You pathetic looser:) ....we're going to miss you guys tomorrow:cry:

He was supposed to bring the MINGO. Now we will have to guess.. Someone tell DSM not to cut em so short.. He bucked up a bunch of sassafras a few weeks ago.. danged short crap.. Looks like kitchen cookstove wood. LOL
:dunno: you said you wanted little stuff for your maple syrup....!!! :D :D

well got up at 5am to start fire, think i shall lay back down and take a nap before i start the long, long, long trip over to Eric.......:hmm3grin2orange: don't have to leave till .......oh 8:30 or so and with that i will be early.........

course no one is going to read this till tommorrow since everyone is on the road now.....:D

leaving the house a 3:30 in the morning???? wow, long drive EH?

Last edited:
Wife is baking fresh muffins for the guys

Dave have a safe trip..You know most accidents happen while driving close to home.
Ok I need to get a move on it. I have a lot of equipment to move.. I am having company today I reckon.

:D
going to go start the old truck now.
all loaded up ready to go.
camera
dig vid camera
tripod for camera
warm jacket
cool jacket
gloves
gas
oil
chains
tires aired up
i'm stoked
fire stoked
cool.................
now what am i forgeting???

Last edited:

Hmmm... I've got that house on the 2 acre lot... no tractor... no wood lot... No Sassafras tea :cry: ... I don't think it would go over very well.

Wait..I do have that stack of 9' telephone poles down by the barn... we could have carbide chain races and the cookies would burn great in the bonfire. Everyone would leave with lung cancer as a door prize. LOL

Dusty... got any wood to cut and Sassafras to boil up there? I volunteer your place for the Great Kentucky Firewood Expo! No wait... parking would bite up there on your hillside... bring all your wood and sassafras here and borrow a tractor from someplace too. We'll have it here. We can step into the barn for cover from the rain. Log truck... that's what we need. A tandem Log truck with the front full of 18" oak and the rear trailer for the tractor.

Man I come up with some of the best ideas sometimes. :dizzy:

You guys have fun, be safe, and drink some of that sassafras tea for me. Hopefully I'll make it down next time.

Ian

Hmmm... I've got that house on the 2 acre lot... no tractor... no wood lot... No Sassafras tea :cry: ... I don't think it would go over very well.

Wait..I do have that stack of 9' telephone poles down by the barn... we could have carbide chain races and the cookies would burn great in the bonfire. Everyone would leave with lung cancer as a door prize. LOL

Dusty... got any wood to cut and Sassafras to boil up there? I volunteer your place for the Great Kentucky Firewood Expo! No wait... parking would bite up there on your hillside... bring all your wood and sassafras here and borrow a tractor from someplace too. We'll have it here. We can step into the barn for cover from the rain. Log truck... that's what we need. A tandem Log truck with the front full of 18" oak and the rear trailer for the tractor.

Man I come up with some of the best ideas sometimes. :dizzy:

You guys have fun, be safe, and drink some of that sassafras tea for me. Hopefully I'll make it down next time.

Ian
you are a clown Sir.....
hey dad if i get there early can i drive the bulldozer? huh can I? can I? oh pleaseeeeeessssss I promise i wont run no one down.....or at least not twice :D

Well it is over.

I hope everyone had a great time. I know we did on our end here.
I would like to thank everyone again for the help with getting Ruth Ellen some firewood for the winter.
Thanks again from the Enk family.

Thanks Eric for hosting the GTG and having some good eats. Glad to help out with the wood. Thanks to the guys who helped me get my fat butt up when I was setting down.

Shipper

I was with ya in spirit... dropped a dead oak in a friend's yard. Who put all those orange dots on my firewood? The mingo works well on straight trunks, but is a pain on limbs. --Ian

firewood.jpg

Last edited:
GREAT DAY!
thanks Eric, good food, good people, good wood, good saws......ya get the idea.
even came home with a 24" bar and chain...Thanks again Eirck.

here is one pic to get ya started.
on dial up so it could take some time to get them uploaded... and i'm tired, was such a long drive and all...:D

DSC04471s.jpg

I'm home safe and sound. Had a good trip getting to know TechAlG. The saws ran great and got to mingle with the AS crowd one more time. Always a nice bunch of guys. I don't have a lot of pics this time but have a lot of video to edit through. I'm working on that now. Pics and video to come. Eric, thanks for a great time, wonderful hosting and good food.

Got my truck just a little bit full. and this pic is proof that we did loose a couple 'bundle's' as andy stated once we got down to Nashville to deliver.

DSC04479s.jpg

DSC04472s.jpg

I 'think' Andy is on the saw here while Jake (Eric's boy) holds the log.
running the splitter is Eric's neigboor (so sorry forgot the name) and Eric's other nieghbor Tom, brought his spliter and truck to help out.

DSC04490s.jpg

Well I had a blast!

Eric thanks for hosting such a great GTG,:yourock: the soup and cornbread hit the spot. I was more than glad to help with the firewood, I got there a bit late, so I pretty much just helped unload a stack. Also thanks to Amick's for the goodies.

I'll post some picks later tonight. Brad took most of the pisc, and some vids. I'm sure it's going to take him some time to edit everything so please be patient.

I hope everyone made it home ok?
It was a great time, thank you eric.

Same time next year?

Dang, i already forgot all your names.

Latest posts

Back