Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did anyone get a total head and saw count?

i know i brought 2

Brad brought 10 :jawdrop:

Gink brought one (antother 310 so i did not feel alone. :D) course Bill brought a in the box 7900 for him so that brings his count up to 2 ;)

Eirk had 2

Eirk's neighbor 1 (sorry can't remember his name) brought 2

Eirk's neighbor 2 Tom brought 2 plus a splitter

Eirck had 4 or 5 and went home with an extra, and also went home one 24" bar and chain short.. again Thank you for that my new friend. thank you.

Eirck let me use one of his 24" bar's and chain on my 310 to try on the Big Beach. it did pretty good, so now i will be getting a new skip chain from him for it, so i can tackle some of those big logs i get once in a while. so i don't have to get a big saw just yet, can put it off for another year or so, hummmm maybe the next GTG Bill can bring me a Brand New 7900 in the box...yep that sounds like a plan..

thanks again to everyone.
NICE group of guys...

and the rest? how many saws and who was ya ? :dunno:

I was the one with 2 saws that you all thought I was Erics neighbor,but we live about an hour apart, but I am just old Shipper50 on the board. aka Glenn

Make that 11 for me.
DSC04508s.jpg

A Stihl in action and a crawler, nice picture!:clap:

Last edited:
No way! You must have driven 85 MPH. Glad you made it home safe. Looking forward to your pics.

Once I got on 71, I set the cruise at 75. It didn't come off until I hit 76 (164 miles later) except in Columbus when I had to exit three times to stay on the road I was on. Maintaining that speed cut a half hour off my travel time.

Looked like a fun time!!!

Hope oneday I get to make it to one of the GTG!!!

Thanks to Eric our host and his family. Eric also thank your wife for the great food, it was delicious. Had a fantastic time and will be looking forward to another one. I took some pics and will try to get them uploaded later tonight. Great meeting some old friends and some new. Gink...I love that saw man. And to the guy with the chain troubles let me know how you make out with your spinner. Nice saws too! Brad good to see ya again and love those BB saws.

Did I really forget to post the video last night after taking the time to edit and upload it? Well, here it is.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wi3pR2OPwP8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wi3pR2OPwP8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here are some interesting cutting times. The wood got harder as we went. As we cut, we were moving towards the crotch of the tree.

084 square full-skip .404 high rakers needed lowered - 21 sec
Stock MS660 chain? - 33 sec
066BB 3/8 RSC - 29 sec
395 Oregon CL square - 30 sec
460 square full comp real grabby low rakers - 22 sec
084 - 23 seconds
MS660 Mount OPE Chain? - 31 seconds
EHP7900 3/8 RSC - 26 seconds
MS361 Round RS - 50 seconds

Fill me in on the chain you was using and I'll update this. I couldn't believe it when I saw what the 460 had done. The rakers were too high on all my chains so I filed them by hand on that chain. Some of them wouldn't file and others did. It ended up real grabby, but fast none the less.

Last edited:
well The mess is cleaned up

Except for all the firewood still laying around. Jake and I did pick up all the cookies and bring them back to dry to be magic box food. I asked Jake if he thought we should buck up the rest of that big beech log for firewood or save it for another GTG.. He said save it for the next one.LOL figures..
We all had a really good time having everyone come to play and to help a friend with her wood supply. Bless you all that attended and contributed.

That big beech is easy to split with an axe.

when it is only 1-2 inches tall. LOL
gave my sons pickup a workout.

My mom came to visit today (emergency computer repair) and I showed her the pics. Of course, the first thing she asked me was how much I was spending on a new saw. Maybe she has CAD too?! The second thing she asked is why all the wood we loaded up was split down to kindling. Didn't I tell you she'd say that?

Except for all the firewood still laying around. Jake and I did pick up all the cookies and bring them back to dry to be magic box food. I asked Jake if he thought we should buck up the rest of that big beech log for firewood or save it for another GTG.. He said save it for the next one.LOL figures..
We all had a really good time having everyone come to play and to help a friend with her wood supply. Bless you all that attended and contributed.

Those surely will dry fast and burn well, but fast......:)

It looks like everyone had a real good time. Thanks to everyone for sharing the pictures!! Hopefully my family will be in better health next time and Ill be able to make the trip. :cheers:

They won't burn real fast

Those surely will dry fast and burn well, but fast......:)

not once I stack them up in the boiler.. Besides beech is far from the lightweight end of the btu chart. Very dense wood. and leaves good coals.

Terry

It looks like everyone had a real good time. Thanks to everyone for sharing the pictures!! Hopefully my family will be in better health next time and Ill be able to make the trip. :cheers:

Next spring I will need some help getting my woodshed refilled. Feel free to come up and help out anytime you feel the need to cut a little wood.
Hopefully your faqmily will get healthy and stay healthy soon.

Back