Ingrateful scum (rant)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would consider not doing this drive any longer. I would give the paying customer an explanation why. I have a feeling the paying customer would understand why you aren't going to do the drive on longer. The paying customer probably knows what kind of person the neighbor is and would understand. They may not like it but they would understand. if you are having problems with the guy so is your paying customer.

There are plenty of good people who appreciate good work and will pay for it. I don't think it would take you too long to find a couple new, good ones. To me I would rather go find a couple of new accounts than to put up with the stuff the bad neighbor is dishing out. You will feel better not having to put up with the bad neighbor.

Tough spot, AOD, but I think trek's right on.

Personally, I would never own a home with a shared driveway. Too much potential for this kind of aggrivation. Even if you luck out and get a good neighbor, there's no guarnatee they'll live there forever. And they're just a dumbazz scheme to fit more houses into a given parcel of land to get around zoning ordinances.

Your experience was one of the unintended consequences of suburban sprawl.

your a better man than i. i probably wood have punched him in the kcoc sucker, and stuffed the sod up his azz. then proceed to wish him a merry x-mas and have a good day.

I would consider not doing this drive any longer. I would give the paying customer an explanation why. I have a feeling the paying customer would understand why you aren't going to do the drive on longer. The paying customer probably knows what kind of person the neighbor is and would understand. They may not like it but they would understand. if you are having problems with the guy so is your paying customer.

There are plenty of good people who appreciate good work and will pay for it. I don't think it would take you too long to find a couple new, good ones. To me I would rather go find a couple of new accounts than to put up with the stuff the bad neighbor is dishing out. You will feel better not having to put up with the bad neighbor.

Only problem is that I am very good friends with this lady and have been taking care of her snow for 4 winters now, only this winter has Captain Douchebag next door been a problem.

the shared drive thing is a tricky thing... but the lady paying you has every right to have her driveway plowed... go to the local pd and get it on record and every time you have a run in with him go file a report and the lady should also make a statement... it may not do much good but it cant hurt... especially if he escalates it ....

I can see this pin head dragging this into court.. but what may become of it is both partys will have to move their driveway...

Well let me point out the obvious - dont touch his lawn, walk off the outline of the driveway, and hand shovel if you must. If the plow is too wide, bring a blower. Its that simple - nobody wants their lawn torn up or their bricks busted because of a plow. Treat it like it was your own and from that perspective you will understand how the guy is reacting.
With enough care there is no reason in the world for the lawn to get touched - and thats the bottom line

I run a snow plow crew for a 400 unit condo complex.

All I can say is take plenty of pictures. Be sure the damage doesn't grow when your away.

If it was that bad where it went to your insurance co you would pay anyway. The insurnce co always pays no matter who did the damage. They never fight it.

I would continue to do the drive. Your client deserves her driveway cleared. She pays for it. Be happy that every time your in there the guy next door will be burning up. Do nothing out of the ordinary.

Fix the sod at the next thaw. Like you said it's part of plowing. You can't let the little problems people come up with bother you. If I did I woud never leave the house in the snow.

Jer

Hate too say this as it's very un Christmas like, but next time I snows heavy I think I'd plow the half only (and have the plow tilted his way) :)

It sounds like you are caught between a rock and a hard place. Along with the others I can almost feel your frustration with this guy. But, no matter what transpires do not aggravate the situation by confronting this guy or do any dastardly deeds to his property or him . It will only make matters worse and he is probably looking for an excuse to take you to court.

What I would do is contact the city/town/village zoning commission to find out what options are open to you and your customer on this shared driveway. Maybe they have some ordnance in place to cover snow removal. Plus like several others have suggested, be sure to document everything with pictures and documents.

I'd do like others suggested and use a shovel or a snowblower to clean out just enough for your customer to use the driveway. Maybe this "dink" will get stuck and come to you for help, then it will be payback time!

Why give in to this :censored: hole? People like this Do not have the right to harass someone who is doing a job for someone else, even if it is a shared easement. Therefore, if it is a shared easement, then the paying customer has just as much right to have her driveway cleared.

Just because he is being a :censored: doesn't mean AOD should walk away from the paying customer. Tell the paying customer what has happened, then she can either talk to this guy or contact the authorities.

Why give this guy what he wants for being an ass??? JMHO

Also. my brother works for a landscaping company, and $1500 for a sod job is pretty small potatoes.

I had something like this happen with my beotch of a neighbor. We live at the end of a dirt road that was pretty torn up by years of zero maintenance. A couple of years after I moved in here I rented a dozer to re-do the road. Next thing you know I've got the uber-beotch in my face telling me I HAVE to stop or she'll call the cops. So I gave her the one finger salute and continued on my merry way. About an hour later the Sheriff rolls up to her house and they came over to me on the dozer. The Deputy kindly explained to the dumb broad that I had every legal right to maintain the road, including tearing it up all the way up to the paved road because it's an easement. He then told her to go inside and be quiet because she should be smart enough to realize that the road will be better for HER as well. It's amazing the lengths some people will go to to be un-neighborly.

I'd keep plowing the drive for the lady. She has a legal right to have this work done whether the weenie next door likes it or not. But I would document everything just to CYA.

wet down the snow behind his car so it turns to ice... let him chip that out but then that would just add gasoline to the fire

I just couldn't believe what an ass he was about his sod! I told him over and over again that I would fix it. I do landscaping in the summer and he knows that, but he insisted to be a jerk. Anyone who does any kind of snow removal knows a little turf damage is inevitable and you just have to go back in the spring and fix it, apparently this concept is lost to him.

This same guy yelled at me last year for using a snowblower to clear walks after we had about 10" of snow overnight, he complained about the pollution I was making.
pollution--his mouth is a pollutant!!!! maybe you could shut it for him when no ones looking, as im sure there are other neighbors that dont like him---------------

Well let me point out the obvious - dont touch his lawn, walk off the outline of the driveway, and hand shovel if you must. If the plow is too wide, bring a blower. Its that simple - nobody wants their lawn torn up or their bricks busted because of a plow. Treat it like it was your own and from that perspective you will understand how the guy is reacting.
With enough care there is no reason in the world for the lawn to get touched - and thats the bottom line

BS----

Why give in to this :censored: hole? People like this Do not have the right to harass someone who is doing a job for someone else, even if it is a shared easement. Therefore, if it is a shared easement, then the paying customer has just as much right to have her driveway cleared.

Just because he is being a :censored: doesn't mean AOD should walk away from the paying customer. Tell the paying customer what has happened, then she can either talk to this guy or contact the authorities.

Why give this guy what he wants for being an ass??? JMHO
1000% correct---

I had something like this happen with my beotch of a neighbor. We live at the end of a dirt road that was pretty torn up by years of zero maintenance. A couple of years after I moved in here I rented a dozer to re-do the road. Next thing you know I've got the uber-beotch in my face telling me I HAVE to stop or she'll call the cops. So I gave her the one finger salute and continued on my merry way. About an hour later the Sheriff rolls up to her house and they came over to me on the dozer. The Deputy kindly explained to the dumb broad that I had every legal right to maintain the road, including tearing it up all the way up to the paved road because it's an easement. He then told her to go inside and be quiet because she should be smart enough to realize that the road will be better for HER as well. It's amazing the lengths some people will go to to be un-neighborly.

I'd keep plowing the drive for the lady. She has a legal right to have this work done whether the weenie next door likes it or not. But I would document everything just to CYA.
yeehah!!!!!! my type-----

or after a big snowfall with like 10 -12" wet the snow all around his car.. so his wheels are stuck in 8" of ice... he wont be going any where soon not that I advocate doing that... but it would be nice :popcorn: :popcorn:

Back