Ingrateful scum (rant)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not just take some sticks and stick em in the ground so you see where the lawn edge is. I would go right over with some bamboo poles and a drill and be pro-active. It sucks to give in but in the end you'll be the bigger man. And it's not like everyone else doesnt know he's a little #####.ass.....then you can keep the account and chowder head wont have a reason to come out and ##### , allthough you'll have to ignore him peeping out his window watching you everymove. I hate that too , it's a real exercise in slowing down and keeping self control. Good luck!

Keep doing your job for the other homeowner, storm in there with authority and don't even give the donkey a second look......that'll piss him off more than anything and when he makes a bad move towards you or your friends equipment...call the authorities promptly. If you touched him, he would own you and your friend's business in a heartbeat. Good luck.

I changed my mind, just flatten the donkey next time he cops a fit.

you tear me up!!!!!! :greenchainsaw:

or... hmmm heres a good one... put about a pint or so of water in each tire... when it freezes... talk about a rough ride... LOL 4 out of balance tires

or plow a wall of snow across the back of his car and hose it down to freeze...

Call the local PD or Sheriffs office and ask that he be cited. Disorderly conduct fits this one very nicely. Cite him every time he raises his voice or acts in a threatening manner. It only takes two or three times before he will figure out that talking decent goes a long way. Just be willing to go to court and be a good witness.

Hate too say this as it's very un Christmas like, but next time I snows heavy I think I'd plow the half only (and have the plow tilted his way) :)

He'll just dig out enough to take a trip down the ladies plowed side. Not an option IMHO. It is after all a shared driveway. No this kind of chap has a personal issue not related to plowing, he is probably a beaten down trodden individual. You know the kind, beat up at work, HS, college the kind of guy that throws drinks and food back through the fast food window if he deems he got served a second longer than he should have.

Best bet is to photograph everything; sure you can report it to the police, but they are not the ones that will cost you the money. This is snow plowing and i am sure the owner has had his encounters where insurance payouts or claims were required. Get it on record with the Insurance company, dated and logged. If you come back and find more damage not caused by you, take more pictures send it to the insurance company, their fraud department will have a field day.

I would also approach the paying client; talk it over with her, see how she wants you to handle it. You are providing a service to -HER- which means doing what she asks and not causing issues with her neighbors. I am sorry to say, but when you deal with Joe public you can deal with complete idiots. Be the better man (and you are for walking away and taking it on the chin in this case).

Tes

I don't know what Pramitol is, but I know Roundup is best applied at about 2am.

Ian

Roundup is a contact killer; and goes inert when it touches the ground.

Pramitol is a soil sterilant; and will prevent anything from growing where it is applied for 2-3 years (it is diluted from it's concentrated form, sprayed heavily, and then watered in).

KRS

Just curious how you plow the drive. Do you drive up one side turn around by the house and go back down or is it forward and reverse?

I would definitely talk to the women about this as it really is her decision as she has to live next to the prick. If you can, I would just plow as narrow of a path as you can for the lady to safely use her side of the drive, even if it took twice as long.

Also if you want to screw with this guy wait until things have cooled down and he has forgotten about you in the spring. My friends wrote a message in the front lawn of our high school in liquid fertilizer way back when and the message came in a bit greener in the lawn and was subtle, yet visible. Also after it thaws out next year drive by when it just stops raining and throw some Ironite granules on his drive if it is concrete and it will cause his cement to spald and pit. Or get a nice selection of weed seeds and throw them on his precious lawn. Covert is usually best if you plan to avoid further hassles.

Last edited:
wow some of the responses here are just out right mean.

sure the guy was an ass but who knows why maybe his dog just died or something.. you tried to be nice and said you'd fix it in the spring..

"Two monks were walking together when they saw a Lady by a stream trying to cross. One monk said "we must not talk to her as it is against our vows." The second monk ask if he could help her cross. She said "yes my dress will be ruined, thank you so much" he carried her over and the monks continued on. Finally, after many miles, the first monk anxiously said why did you pick her up, we are not supposed to be with women, the second monk said "are you still carrying her? I put her down on the other side of the stream."

let it go..

here you go step out of your truck on his side of the drive act like you fell and sue him for not haveing his snow removed from hes side. larry

Just curious how you plow the drive. Do you drive up one side turn around by the house and go back down or is it forward and reverse?

Forward and back, the drive is very, very narrow, very hard to do with a 7 ft blade without tearing up somebodys yard. We had been going over to his side to avoid ripping the gas meter of the paying lady's house. When I explained that to him he said it was no reason to have damaged his sod.

This is a shared driveway. Both have to agree on a plan before anything can be done. You can't go in and plow it until they both agree. Don't matter what one of them offers too pay, they both have to agree. As far as damage to his property. He has the legal right to have anybody he feels fit to come in and repair it. So, when he gets the local shyster down the road to do the repairs, and the shyster tells him it will cost $1500 to repair the lawn. The home owner says, he don't care,cause the plow guy is fippping the bill. Now, when you go to court, you just have to prove that it did'nt cost $1500 to repair.

This is a shared driveway. Both have to agree on a plan before anything can be done. You can't go in and plow it until they both agree. Don't matter what one of them offers too pay, they both have to agree. As far as damage to his property. He has the legal right to have anybody he feels fit to come in and repair it. So, when he gets the local shyster down the road to do the repairs, and the shyster tells him it will cost $1500 to repair the lawn. The home owner says, he don't care,cause the plow guy is fippping the bill. Now, when you go to court, you just have to prove that it did'nt cost $1500 to repair.

Well, when the weather breaks in the spring I will take pics before I do any repairs. The problem with this guy is he doesn't even want me in there plowing, he likes to hand shovel, but he does it stupid and in a way that blocks my customers area of the drive and blocks her car in her garage. I told him if he likes shoveling so much, shovel everything and shovel it right, otherwise there will always be a need for my customer to have someone else remove her snow.

Well, when the weather breaks in the spring I will take pics before I do any repairs. The problem with this guy is he doesn't even want me in there plowing, he likes to hand shovel, but he does it stupid and in a way that blocks my customers area of the drive and blocks her car in her garage. I told him if he likes shoveling so much, shovel everything and shovel it right, otherwise there will always be a need for my customer to have someone else remove her snow.

A buddy of mine in South haven shares a drive, so over christmas I asked him about the legal aspects of the matter.

Here's the deal. The easement is shared legally, and detailed in the description of the Survey.
See if your client has a copy. Likely it extends a couple feet past the drive on each side if it is that narrow, and she has the right for your plow to trash Mr.angermanagement's precious sod.

Once again, document everything, pics, notify local PD if he gets any sort of obnoxious, and hand the responding Officer a copy of the easement description when he gets there.... him getting pissy with the cop will play well for about .02 seconds;).

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Yeah digeryote has a point! I own a driveway about 300' long and have a pos neighbor that has legal easement on it its a looong story.

Believe me AOD when I say I know all about wanting to smack the shutz out some one who desprately needs it!!! Take my advice man dont do it if you value your rights to carry concealed.

There are definitions in property law about dominant and subservient owners on easements. I hate the definitions lawmakers use but thats how it is, in my short but very expensive legal experience with this idiot next to me I learned a dominant owner is actually the guy who doesnt own the ground, (makes perfect sense right!?) the easement is on and the servient owner is the actual person paying the taxs on it.(another thing that makes perfect sense:dizzy: ) Long story short the dominant owner may have the legal burden to maintain the easment of egress/ingress! Have the boss lady talk to her attorney she may get this guy to pay AOD or whoever to blade the road hehehe. fwtw

edit: legal and neighborly pissin matchs really suck so maybe you and the boss lady can figure out what this guys problem is or what he needs etc and go from there, be it you puttin his chunk of sod back (a givin) or her bringing him a cake or a 6-pack or you offering a discount if they each pay half of the blade charge or whatever? I have idiots all around me and I fight with all of them I cant help myself I hate idiots. I am not suggesting starting one here just know what your alls rights are she doesnt have to put up with this guys bs you either. A snow blower or blade on a 4 wheeler might work as well? good luck

Kansas

Last edited:
As much as it hurts to NOT do the jerk, don't. Listen to the legal stuff here about easements, and "shared" ownership. But do the right thing and document every interaction without taking any action including talk.

1. Report each incident to the local cops: you may have a reasonable assault complaint to file ( as in Assault and Battery without the battery ).

2. Most digital cameras will record video and sound: stick in in his face ( nicely now :dizzy: ) at each incident that he initiates. Do not say anything....let the fool rant into the camera.

3. As hard as it is, never interact or react. It'll drive the fool bonkers while you're doing #2 ( no, you fool, not THAT; the number above this :censored: )

4. It may be better for all involved for you and your partner to lose this job.
"Not a hill you want to die on."

My bill is in the mail. Have a nice brew and relax....they're out there.:monkey:

Back