injured logger charity give away

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is going to be so many saws in this raffle that i think i will have start drawing a saw winner each week that it runs after it gets up and going good. or i may end up ebaying some of the saws and giving a link to them from here and then putting that money into the total for donations.

i know this post is a little far back, but to ebay some of the saws wouldnt that go against what people were donating for. I know they were/are donating to hep this guy, but at the same time maybe they had their eyes set on a saw in the pot, but if you go and ebay a saw that just goes against the point, either ebay a couple saws not listed and add that to the donation.

there would not be any saws that were in the drawing ebayed. that would be for people wanting to sell one outright on ebay and just give the lump sum of funds. its been done that way before and im sure it will be again.

I would love to help out over the coming weeks and I will, but how exactly does this work? You are asking that we specify which saw we would want if we win, but what if I win 2nd choice and the saw I picked was already chosen? Or would it be better to just send you a list ranked in order of preference, ie. 1st choice: saw x, 2nd choice, saw y, etc?

Also since there are 2 threads going on does that mean there are going to be 2 different donation pots? If I donate here will it not count towards the stuff in the other thread?

The first paragraph you wrote isn't happening. Hopefully it will be done like the Stumpy give away, first drawn gets first pick, etc.

The two threads are separate and money donated in one thread is only for the saws in that thread.

there would not be any saws that were in the drawing ebayed. that would be for people wanting to sell one outright on ebay and just give the lump sum of funds. its been done that way before and im sure it will be again.

If i get lucky to win a saw in this raffle then i would donate it back to the raffle and raffle it off again and give the money to Terry to help his Fellow worker.

ahh lol i ended up misreading your post, sorry. guess i better figure out what my p-a-y-p-a-l is again and donate

i got to see mitch today. he says that he goes back to the doctor on the 11th to see when he will be able to start putting weight on his leg. i think toward the end of the month he has to see when he can get rescheduled for his shoulder surgery. they wont do his shoulder until he can walk without crutches. his oldest son went back into the critcal care unit today. i dont think that i have told everyone about mitch's son. his son was at a pool tournament about 3 or 4 months ago when a guy hit him in the head with a pool stick. needless to say that his son has been in a coma ever since. i am hoping that he can take some of this money and go to visit his son in ohio. i doubt his son will ever wake up from the coma. this guy has really had it rough in the last year.

i got to see mitch today. he says that he goes back to the doctor on the 11th to see when he will be able to start putting weight on his leg. i think toward the end of the month he has to see when he can get rescheduled for his shoulder surgery. they wont do his shoulder until he can walk without crutches. his oldest son went back into the critcal care unit today. i dont think that i have told everyone about mitch's son. his son was at a pool tournament about 3 or 4 months ago when a guy hit him in the head with a pool stick. needless to say that his son has been in a coma ever since. i am hoping that he can take some of this money and go to visit his son in ohio. i doubt his son will ever wake up from the coma. this guy has really had it rough in the last year.

Man that fella has had some tough luck! Hopefully it will all come out in the wash. I'll for sure be in when I can. :rock:

Wow, really sorry to hear that Terry, he definitely got dealt some bad cards. Hope they both get better. The human body is amazing what it can recover from.

I know a guy that fell off a roof last year and hit his head really bad, everyone was told he wasn't going to make it, and even if he did he would be a completely vegetable, and ya know what, he fully recovered, he's back to running his business, drives cars again, and its like it never happened.

Wow, really sorry to hear that Terry, he definitely got dealt some bad cards. Hope they both get better. The human body is amazing what it can recover from.

I know a guy that fell off a roof last year and hit his head really bad, everyone was told he wasn't going to make it, and even if he did he would be a completely vegetable, and ya know what, he fully recovered, he's back to running his business, drives cars again, and its like it never happened.

I love to hear stories like that. It really is amazing.

i really hope that his son recovers,but it doesnt look promissing. he is back and forth from nursing home to critical care hospital becouse of infections and fever. it would take a miracle to bring him back from wherever it is that he is visiting at the moment. he is only 26 years old. the state will not let mitch bring him to tn so that he would be closer to him becouse his diability hasnt been approved yet. they say that you have to be in a coma for at least 3 months before they will consider it likely to be permanent. they will find out this week if the benifits were approved and he can be moved to tn to be closer to mitch and his wife.

My goodness. Makes us realize our problems aren't so big after all. I hope the mans son pulls thru too. No one should ever have to loose a child.

im going to be adding an item to this charity drive that we will be bidding on instead of drawing for. i have spoken to the helsels and cliff helsel is going to be sending a chain for this auction. if anyone knows anything about cliff's chain filing ability you know what this is worth. cliffs chains are not something that you can just call up and order unless you know him or have one of his saws. guys in the stihl timbersports series use his chains. if you want to go fast this is the number 1 absolute best way to get it done. this chain will be a 72dl 050 ga and will be one fastest chains you will ever hang on your bar. you will need to set the rakers on it according to the saw you decide to run it on. other than that it would be ready to go. so who wants a fast chain. get to bidding if you do. this chain auction will end on jun the 16th at 8 pm after the gtg. if you havent posted a bid on here or placed a bid in person at the gtg you bid will not be accepted after 8pm. ill open the bidding at $25 who will pay 30????

Last edited:
i didnt figure it would take long to get somebody in here that knows a little about a cliff helsel chain :hmm3grin2orange:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back