Inside the 441 M-Tronic Carb.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My concerns have been confirmed.
After lookin' at the pics and reading this thread... ain't any way an M-Tronic (or Auto-Tune) will ever be in my stable.
That's just totally ridiculous for something as basic as a chainsaw.
That's a nightmare just waiting or ya' to fall asleep.

Final Assembly

Well, I turned this pile of parts,
View attachment 253303
attachment.php

Into a complete and running saw this week.
View attachment 253304View attachment 253305
attachment.php

attachment.php

I didn't have electronic scales handy so I just used these.
A frog's hair over 15 lbs before I dumped in the oil and fuel.

Thanks for posting this information up, it is good to know what makes the beast tick.

As an aside I also have hydraulic experience in injection moulding machines. I have 4 under my care at the moment that we have got to a point where they are zero wear in the hydraulic circuit. The HP filter is 3 micron, and the bypass filter is 1 micron. The machines are running a fully hydrocracked oil, which only has a slight tinge to it.

Touch wood, I havent had a proportional valve fail on me in over a year.

Regards
Graham

Can't wait till the first person to stick an o'scope or logic probe in one gets a DMCA
violation letter.
...and That's not as flip of a remark as it sounds.

Got the carb all put back together today. I put a new gasket kit in it just to be safe. The old gaskets looked fine but not a big deal to replace them while I'm there.
So from what I can tell here's all you need to convert your 441 to an M-Tronic. The IPL shows the same part number for the flywheel. I don't have any pricing in our system to know what the individual components would cost should somebody want to do a conversion.
View attachment 252743
attachment.php

jason

sorry but your incorrect.

flywheel is NOT same, flywheel side crank case is also different.

posted this awhile back

full list and ipl

19 different parts needed to convert over to m-tronic.

attachment.php

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachments/chainsaw/194703d1313559854-m-tronic-pdf

Latest posts

Back