Inside the Husqvarna 555

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4865e86d-0dfe-5d36.jpg

Hey, look what showed up today......the outside dawg for the 555 I no longer own lol:banghead:

Great review mweba ! Do you have the part # for the outside dawg for the 555 ?

I've run a few tanks of fuel through my 555 now and it's proving to be a great firewood saw. The only complaint I have is the handle runs very close to the bar oil opening so it's hard to fill with a larger container without spilling at least a little bar oil. Besides that one thing it's an awesome saw.

I guess you need the coil as well.

Not too sure about that yet, as the part number are a 84-02 for the 555 and 84-01 for the 562.......and the one or the 555 cost more.......ala Husqvarna 435/440 part numbering saga........

Does anybody have anything concrete o the revboost, apart from marketing material?

Not too sure about that yet, as the part number are a 84-02 for the 555 and 84-01 for the 562.......and the one or the 555 cost more.......ala Husqvarna 435/440 part numbering saga........

Does anybody have anything concrete o the revboost, apart from marketing material?

Well, those that have used the 562xp and the 555 often comments that the 562xp has a much better trigger response, in addition to an obvious power advantage - and Husky makes a biggie out of the revboost of the 560xp and 550xp here. My 560xpg has the fastest trigger response of any saw I have used, a lot different from what usually is reported on "strato" saws.

Btw, the 562xp/xpg also is listed here by now, in the printed catalog - but it isn't on the website yet.

I've run a few tanks of fuel through my 555 now and it's proving to be a great firewood saw. The only complaint I have is the handle runs very close to the bar oil opening so it's hard to fill with a larger container without spilling at least a little bar oil. Besides that one thing it's an awesome saw.

The first time you drop a tree on it and bend the handlebar your oil cap problem will be solved, and the least of your worries lol. How many tanks approx have you run through it so far?

Squish?

Ok, going back 500 pages it was mentioned that squish was too large to measure. What happens to strato timing and squish if it is run with no base gasket? Just wondering if that would be a simple compression bump or if it doesn't work on a strato as well as on a conventional ported cylinder. The two 60cc Huskies I have both were right around .040 with gasket, therefore work el perfecto gasketless.

I am curious about the software updates. I noticed my dealers box of diagnostic stuff from husqvarna was still unopened. Hopefully he wraps his mind around it sometime soon:msp_ohmy:. Russ

Anyone heard of a firmware update to give a little more hp?

The software is designed to make the most power with the engine it is mounted to. The way I understand it, the updates are for driveability/reliability. To make more hp, you need to change the ports, timing and compression and the software will create a new mix pattern for power.

The solder I had at this time was computer board size so a measurement could not be made. With either the 62 or 55, pulling gasket alone will lead to the piston smacking the cylinder. My 56 is running a .024 cut popup and gasketless. Squish is close to .019 last I checked.

Also, ST I'm not convinced the rev boost isn't a part of the firmware.......

Back