Inside the MS462C - Snellerized Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
21-L.jpg

22-L.jpg

23-L.jpg

Same weights as the Tsumura T&L bar.
8-M.jpg

Intake 84...isn't that A LOT of intake especially on a stock saw? I have seen some guys talking about how the 462 is not that great on fuel.
Yes, that's a lot for a stock saw. However, I like that much intake on some saws, but not any more than that. The concern for me is making it more with machine work. I think I'm only going to tighten the squish and call it a day. No popup on this one.

Yes, that's a lot for a stock saw. However, I like that much intake on some saws, but not any more than that. The concern for me is making it more with machine work. I think I'm only going to tighten the squish and call it a day. No popup on this one.
Why not weld a pop up on to it?

Speaking of popups... lol20181130_175503.jpg

25-L.jpg

26-L.jpg

27-L.jpg

29-L.jpg

The deflector is cast into the case on this model.
30-L.jpg

Basically just an overgrown MS241/261 here.
32-L.jpg

35-L.jpg

33-L.jpg

34-L.jpg
Great pics Brad thanks for sharing :rock:was wondering your thoughts on the deflector could that brake off in time with fatigue I personally liked the bolt down deflector myself.How many tanks had you put through the saw before you pulled it down.:)

Great pics Brad thanks for sharing :rock:was wondering your thoughts on the deflector could that brake off in time with fatigue I personally liked the bolt down deflector myself.How many tanks had you put through the saw before you pulled it down.:)
I wouldn't be concerned with it breaking off. This saw has 2 full tanks through it.

I would agree... Late 80's early 90's Power to weight that era is hard to beat.. However Filtration, vibes, and electronics have certainly come a long way... I am just excited that they figured out a 70cc saw is supposed to weigh 13 lbs :)

The first Gen 046 is still a good machine in the woods.

The 371XP had the best power-to-weight ratio at the time it came out until the crankcases starting cracking through the bar pad...

The first Gen 046 is still a good machine in the woods.

The 371XP had the best power-to-weight ratio at the time it came out until the crankcases starting cracking through the bar pad...

Still love my 371 though.. ported they sure are fun. I’d love to run this 462 side by side with it when Brad is done.

Latest posts

Back