Installing My NEW 6048 OWB !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czar800

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I started working today on getting ready for my new OWB. I bought a Central boiler 6048 and it will be hear at the end of the month.

The white inside the form is the size of the furnace, there is 5 1/2 ft in front of the door. My ditch is 24" deep, I would go deeper, but I have to cross my sewer line.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good luck with your 6048

Got mine last year and it has been running non-stop with no major issues. Have mine 120 feet from the house and would not want it much closer due to smoke. I burn mostly waste from my firewood business - log ends and other junk pieces . Getting rid of the waste was becoming a bit of a problem.

I started working today on getting ready for my new OWB. I bought a Central boiler 6048 and it will be hear at the end of the month.

The white inside the form is the size of the furnace, there is 5 1/2 ft in front of the door. My ditch is 24" deep, I would go deeper, but I have to cross my sewer line.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
You are going to love it. I have had a Woodmaster for 7 years now and it has been a great investment. Also, another guy wrote "he doesn't know what the appeal for an OWB is". For me it is not splitting hardly anything, no more trying to get wood in the basement, no more dirt and smoke in the basement, no more chimney problems, hot water from my furnace (I could go on forever). Trust me, if you install this properly you are going to like it (if you know what burning wood is all about).

Looks like you have a good start! Nice looking views you have pretty country. Hope it all goes smooth and works out good for you. thanks for the pics

way to go you'll enjoy. if i have one regret i would have poured a large concrete pad in front of the door for loading the heavy pieces in when its muddy or the ground is thawing.

Where's the wood pile? Looks good so far, I get mine from Shaver soon. Finishing up the pex in the house tomorrow, all there is to do is set it on the pad, hook up, add water and fire

Wow, looks like a bunch of us in the same position. Got a Heatmaster coming soon, getting my site work all finished up. Got that dreaded ditch to dig by hand :jawdrop: cause I cant fit any equipment in there...

Concider putting 1 inch blue board down before you poor. We use it on all of our projects and it really helps cut down if not eliminate cracking due to frost.

i see u got alot of that wood split. i did too at first. you'll get lazy like me and figure out that you'll only split what u can't lift or won't fit in the door.

I didn't use rebar but used junk pieces of pipe and angle iron. I never poured anything before. My dad laughed when he saw all the metal I had in there.

I hope your house in upwind. . .

My boiler is a similar distance from my house and to the west. The prevailing wind in the winter is from the north west. On autumn days when you want heat at night, and open windows during the day, you can get a little smoke indoors odor. Sacrifice for not having a long run I suppose.

Latest posts

Back