Installing My NEW 6048 OWB !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CZAR800 you sure have a beautiful place. Sure reminds me of right here in good ole South central Kentucky. Beautiful rollin hills and yes plenty of TREES.
Great ain't it.

Keep this in mind:

Think about where you rough in your lines under the boiler in relation to the supply / return bungs. That 1" PEX doesn't bend too easy unless you use a heat gun!....Crossing the lines is a major PIA as I found out!:cry:

Stamped Concrete Slab

I poured my concrete slab today and thought I would make it look a little nicer, so I made myself a stamp out of a piece of old grating. It seemed to work real well - have a look.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Real nice job I didn't get so fancy with mine. Just a flat slab with a notch for the pipes like the diagram showed. I made my work pad about 3" lower than the furnace just to bring the firebox up a little for ergonomics.

Looks like your pad is backwards. Just got mine today and the pipe goes in the back.Which way did you plan on placing it??

P.S. Looks great!!

I would have let the pex go another three feet and cut off the insulation? Joint free. At least that's what I did.

that is how we layed the pipe made it go high and cut off excess so no joints at the outside part . now just have to hook it all up to the pumps and boiler .

I saw one of those new ones they hook up in the back i don't think there is much room for leway with the pipe it's pretty tight i think if i remember right.

I got my 6048 today and it should be up and running tomorrow with full pictures
If it weren't so last I would post them now.......I guess you'll have to wait to see her!!!

Splitting??? Ya OK !!!

i see u got alot of that wood split. i did too at first. you'll get lazy like me and figure out that you'll only split what u can't lift or won't fit in the door.

:agree2: After starting mine and running it for a couple days I realized I'll cut my rounds shorter for handling only. I won't split anything that will fit in the door. :clap:

Latest posts

Back