Intelligence on Enemy Activity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe that an organization which believes so strongly in a cleaner environment would favor highly processed, non-renewable heating sources over a renewable non toxic heat source such as wood... Sounds to me like the big corporations that own the gas and oil resources are doing all they can to reduce any viable source of competition.

edit: http://www.woodheat.org/environment/smoke.htm

Last edited:
Here's a group that wants to stop wood-burning. They complain that even the EPA admits that they're certified stoves deteriorate over time (I'm guessing they're referring to the efficiency of cat. converters).
Please share your opinion of this group:
http://burningissues.org/car-www/index.html

Give them some squirt guns and send them to california.:)

that web site is chocked full of supporting documents exactly like a well funded corporate machine. putting something like that together cost $$$$....

sure mega utilities ... gas/oil companies don't like wood stoves... once someone purchases a wood stove they are off the grid. fuel bills goes from $300+ per months to min billed amount $30.

these mega utilities are not stupid... they will use politicians to twist laws around to their benefit and to our detriment. I'd like to get off the grid for natural gas and stop paying $30 service fee per month. but since I live in the city... there's a city ordinance preventing me from installing a large propane tank.

Here's a group that wants to stop wood-burning. They complain that even the EPA admits that they're certified stoves deteriorate over time (I'm guessing they're referring to the efficiency of cat. converters).
Please share your opinion of this group:
http://burningissues.org/car-www/index.html

their forum seems full of anti-wood burning posts.

we've become a nation of whiners and the so called "environmentalists" see a green light with obama in office now. expect to see alot of complaints and legislation against wood burning over the next few years.

i'll go out on a limb here and say that (future) regulations, taxes and new laws will make the price of wood so high that, for many, it won't be worth it to burn or buy.

Just another bunch of whackos that think that their every want and need in life should be both free of pollution and afordable for the masses.

I will have respect for the very first environmental whacko I meet that doesnt own a car, doesnt use any electricity, consumes nothing that uses fire in the manufacturing process, doesn't walk on paved roads or paths, AND owns a processor that cleanses the gas they pass.

Untill then? :censored: 'em

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! That site answers a question that has been nagging me for awhile. Now that the evidence is stacking up against C02 causing global warming, what are the believers going to use as their next scare tactic?
burning issues.orgy said:
"We hope that this study has finally provided closure," says Koren. "Hopefully policy makers will start to tackle the issue of climate change from a different perspective, taking into account not only the global impact of aerosols and greenhouse gases, but local effects too."
Aerosols are just tiny particles that clouds form around but "black carbon" particles upset the natural cloud formation and act completely opposite of all other particles. Any guess as to what kind of particles are released when wood burns?

I just did a went and did a whois search on the domain name and came up with this:

NOTICE: Access to .ORG WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the Public Interest Registry
registry database. The data in this record is provided by Public Interest Registry
for informational purposes only, and Public Interest Registry does not guarantee its
accuracy. This service is intended only for query-based access. You agree
that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no
circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow, enable, or otherwise
support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than
the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b) enable high volume,
automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of
Registry Operator or any ICANN-Accredited Registrar, except as reasonably
necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations. All
rights reserved. Public Interest Registry reserves the right to modify these terms at any
time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Domain ID:D2374-LROR
Domain Name:BURNINGISSUES.ORG
Created On:20-Sep-1995 04:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:26-Jun-2008 19:23:44 UTC
Expiration Date:19-Sep-2017 04:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Network Solutions LLC (R63-LROR)
Registrant ID:26352645-NSIV
Registrant Name:Burning Issues
Registrant Organization:Burning Issues
Registrant Street1:ATTN insert domain name here
Registrant Street2:care of Network Solutions
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Herndon
Registrant State/Province:VA
Registrant Postal Code:20172
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.5707088780
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:
Admin ID:26352647-NSIV
Admin Name:Mary Rozenberg
Admin Organization:Burning Issues
Admin Street1:ATTN insert domain name here
Admin Street2:care of Network Solutions
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Herndon
Admin State/Province:VA
Admin Postal Code:20172
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.5707088780
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:
Tech ID:26352647-NSIV
Tech Name:Mary Rozenberg
Tech Organization:Burning Issues
Tech Street1:ATTN insert domain name here
Tech Street2:care of Network Solutions
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Herndon
Tech State/Province:VA
Tech Postal Code:20172
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.5707088780
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:
Name Server:ns47.1and1.com
Name Server:ns48.1and1.com
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:

I just did a went and did a whois search on the domain name and came up with this:

You're a bit late on that. See a few posts above yours.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=1266681&postcount=7

What this tells us is.... nothing. They are using what is known as "Private Registration", which means that no real information is made public. That address is the address of the Registrar, not the person (or corporation) that actually owns the domain. The address is the postal address of Network Solutions, and Mary Rosenberg will probably turn out to be an employee of NS.

Rozenberg, Mary
[email protected]
ATTN: BURNINGISSUES.ORG
c/o Network Solutions

Note the "c/o".

Perfectly legal, and frankly, the only way you should ever set up a domain. Keeps a firewall between you and any crazies out there.

The address is the postal address of Network Solutions, and Mary Rosenberg will probably turn out to be an employee of NS.

Rozenberg, Mary
[email protected]
ATTN: BURNINGISSUES.ORG
c/o Network Solutions

Note the "c/o".

Mary Rozenberg, President of Clean Air Revival, Inc.
Mary Rozenberg began her study of particulate pollution and
founded Burning Issues, a project of Clean Air Revival, Inc.,
in 1987, when she first became aware of the medical implications
of particulate pollution. Since 1987, Clean Air Revival’s
mission has been to clear the air of soot, using education to raise
awareness of this problem. http://BurningIssues.org

http://burningissues.org/car-www/pdfs/GASP-WS-Rozenberg-hotline-2008spring.pdf

Priceless quote from Mary's article:

While burning and fires can be relaxing, keep in mind that
it is the toxics that make it so: carbon monoxide causes
blood vessels to constrict and creates a false sense of wellbeing.
Breathing toluene from wood smoke, like sniffing
glue, can get you high. What is pleasant to a young healthy
person could be causing pain, suffering, infections and even
death in an infant.

Last edited:
Well, I have been saying it on here since I showed up,,,,
It aint about pollution boys, its all about power and money.

It's hard to say how many millions that Al Gore has made out of his global warming scam. I bet he still lives in his mansion and drives his big cars though.

Just another bunch of whackos that think that their every want and need in life should be both free of pollution and afordable for the masses.

I will have respect for the very first environmental whacko I meet that doesnt own a car, doesnt use any electricity, consumes nothing that uses fire in the manufacturing process, doesn't walk on paved roads or paths, AND owns a processor that cleanses the gas they pass.

Untill then? :censored: 'em

:yourock: :agree2:

that web site is chocked full of supporting documents exactly like a well funded corporate machine. putting something like that together cost $$$$....

sure mega utilities ... gas/oil companies don't like wood stoves... once someone purchases a wood stove they are off the grid. fuel bills goes from $300+ per months to min billed amount $30.

these mega utilities are not stupid... they will use politicians to twist laws around to their benefit and to our detriment. I'd like to get off the grid for natural gas and stop paying $30 service fee per month. but since I live in the city... there's a city ordinance preventing me from installing a large propane tank.

what size of tank is their cut off point? if its a 500gal tank is prohibited.. how bout a couple of 420lb tanks? they are considerable smaller...or do they have a limit on how much propane you can have onsite?

Latest posts

Back