Interchangability 034-036

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastwoodGang4

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone know what parts are interchangable between the stihl 034 Super and the 036 and what parts are interchangable from any other models? Yesterday my starter blew up on my 034. It appears that the small clip that engages the starter pawl came off and the the pawl became lodged between the pulley and the flywheel (with a bang of course) anyone ever see that happen?

Never saw that happen before myself.
I am 99% certain starters interchange on the 034 and 036 series.I would guess the ms 360 would also. You could look in ebay stores at those models parts and get a good idea which parts interchange . Keep in mind that all listings have the potential of being less then 100% accurate so you may want to double check before purchasing. I think there is just a few differances between the 034 and 036,the muffler may be one of them.

I fix a few per week that do this.. It's usually because the pawl has worn so bad that eventually it either lets go completely or rotates over center and catches.

Almost all parts interchange... But there are differences in the cylinders, mufflers and some plastic, AND some of the rewind covers.... The are 5mm and 4mm screw versions...

The repair you need for the pawls, WASHER and spring is just a couple of $.. Upgrade to the DUAL PAWL and DUAL SPRING. It will last a lot longer..

Latest posts

Back